Notorious Pedophile Tony Munro Living in Siem Reap Arrested in Australia Linked to Missing Beaumont Children in Adelaide

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: Notorious Pedophile Tony Munro Living in Siem Reap Arrested in Australia Linked to Missing Beaumont Children in Adel

Post by Username Taken »

Is this Scotcher in this link
Brewer
Expatriate

Re: Notorious Pedophile Tony Munro Living in Siem Reap Arrested in Australia Linked to Missing Beaumont Children in Adel

Post by Brewer »

Username Taken wrote:Is this Scotcher in this link
That's bloke in the very small image I mentioned that I found earlier. :thumb: Good digging.

Here they are side by side. On the left Shom from nearly twenty years ago, on the right Scotcher from about two years ago.

BRAT17
Expatriate

Post by BRAT17 »

That is Scotcher - at least that is an image of the person it was suggested to Australian police could be Shom.

Boozyoldman, I'm not sure just how much (if at all) APLE were "tracking" Munro's movements in SR but APLE certainly came out after Munro was arrested when back in Australia to state that he was under investigation in SR also. I had some brief conversations with APLE with regards to allegations of Munro's activities of concern in SR while he was still living there. I also had conversations with some education/orphanages in SR with regards to Munro's donations and his association with their operations

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/sout ... d58c9b5152
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Next time the AFP need the assistance of Eglitis to gather evidence or fingerprints, he should be made to watch some movies or old cop shows.

This is how he should have done it. Watch the suspect enter a bar, then Hastie goes into the bar and starts chatting with the suspect. When the suspects goes to the dunny, Hastie pockets the glass and exits. Too easy.
Or, follow him to a restaurant and sit adjacent to him. After he leaves, pocket the knife and forks from the suspects table.

:facepalm:
BRAT17
Expatriate

Post by BRAT17 »

Eglitis has never seemed to be subtle in his approach, going on what I have read and know, but I think he relied a bit more on BS and bluff as he got older. I'm not sure that a year in SR prison was the last place he wanted to be either. His health was not good and he was somewhat looked after medically while in there, at least.

As I have stated, my main interest was Munro, not Shom (or whoever he is) and I can confidently say that Eglitis did some good work to keep an eye on him, maybe force his hand a little to return to Oz where he was arrested, and almost definitely quelled his alleged offending in Siem Reap to an extent. Certainly Eglitis provided me with information which meant I could run articles home which outed Munro. Finally, 50 years after he first started offending, he has been brought to justice. For someone who has spent most of a 20 year career as a journalist working to expose filth like him in a bid to protect innocents, I am very pleased about that... and grateful of every bit of help I received from all manner of people, including Eglitis
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

BRAT17 wrote:Finally, 50 years after he first started offending, he has been brought to justice.
Good to have him put away. However, what I think most Australians would really like to see is a final closure to the Beaumont case. Let's hope some damning evidence is found.
BRAT17
Expatriate

Post by BRAT17 »

I consider there's already enough detail on the table for police to at the very least dig in a spot they've had suggested will reveal that evidence.
But, to quote senior Queensland cop to a junior officer (see today's Daniel Morcombe inquest): "what the f $#@ would I know"

If ever we stop asking questions and debating and assessing all posible theories we can give away all hope of ever solving that crime and many more
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Excellent job BRAT17

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

BRAT17 wrote:I consider there's already enough detail on the table for police to at the very least dig in a spot they've had suggested will reveal that evidence.
But, to quote senior Queensland cop to a junior officer (see today's Daniel Morcombe inquest): "what the f $#@ would I know"

If ever we stop asking questions and debating and assessing all posible theories we can give away all hope of ever solving that crime and many more
It would be amazing for Adelaide to get closure on this case - there have been so many theories over the years.
As a former journo I take my hat off to you. :)

Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
BRAT17
Expatriate

Post by BRAT17 »

rozzieoz wrote:
BRAT17 wrote:I consider there's already enough detail on the table for police to at the very least dig in a spot they've had suggested will reveal that evidence.

It would be amazing for Adelaide to get closure on this case - there have been so many theories over the years.
As a former journo I take my hat off to you. :)

Thanks rozzieoz but the people who really deserve the praise are the victims with the courage to come forward and face the demons of their past so that others will not be subjected to what they have been. Them and the families of those missing people who live every day not knowing what happened to their loved ones. I encourage you to take a look at Leave A Light On Inc on Facebook, any support of this organisation I am closely involved in would be awesome
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic