Best pharmacy in Sihanoukville

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
nickzeptepi
Tourist

Best pharmacy in Sihanoukville

Post by nickzeptepi »

I've only brought enough of my not so common thyroid medication for my 30 visa.
I need to find a place that either have some or can order a months worth before considering extending my visa.
I've tried the pharmacy on the golden lions roundabout at the end of beach road but they don't have them.
Of there anywhere bigger/better I could try locally or is it PP?

TA

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk
LTO
Expatriate

Re: Best pharmacy in Sihanoukville

Post by LTO »

Sihanoukvillains would know better than me but I've had pretty good luck with the pharmacy on the corner right next to Phsar Leu, south side.
LTO Cambodia Blog

"Kafka is 'outdone' in our country, the new fatherland of Angkor" - Norodom Sihanouk
lurcio
Expatriate
Guatemala

Post by lurcio »

Chamroeun Chanlida is my go to place. Not sure if they would have what you want but it is on the right heading from Golden Lions roundabout to Downtown immediately as you go around the 90 degree left bend

Otherwise you could try CT clinic

https://www.google.com.kh/maps/place/CT ... 2464?hl=en
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

The pharmacy just after Samudera going toward the market, or the pharmacy opposite Orange supermarket on Ekareach.
nickzeptepi
Tourist

Post by nickzeptepi »

Thanks I'll try then when there's a break in the rain

cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

lurcio wrote:Chamroeun Chanlida is my go to place. Not sure if they would have what you want but it is on the right heading from Golden Lions roundabout to Downtown immediately as you go around the 90 degree left bend
There's two there, the first one is more general, has decent cold cures, the one after it on the right seems to be run by a Chinese woman, and she's the only person I've found so far that understands the names of drugs when you give them to her. Not cheap but you get the real thing.

You can also try Pharmacie Mondul Thmey, he deals a lot with barangs. Turn right just as you reach the market from Samudera side, third pharmacy down.
https://www.google.com.kh/maps/@10.6225 ... 312!8i6656

He deals in bulk, if you are having problems with, erm, anxiety or stiffness...
one_dolla
Expatriate

Post by one_dolla »

cptrelentless wrote:
lurcio wrote:Chamroeun Chanlida is my go to place. Not sure if they would have what you want but it is on the right heading from Golden Lions roundabout to Downtown immediately as you go around the 90 degree left bend
There's two there, the first one is more general, has decent cold cures, the one after it on the right seems to be run by a Chinese woman, and she's the only person I've found so far that understands the names of drugs when you give them to her. Not cheap but you get the real thing.

You can also try Pharmacie Mondul Thmey, he deals a lot with barangs. Turn right just as you reach the market from Samudera side, third pharmacy down.
https://www.google.com.kh/maps/@10.6225 ... 312!8i6656

He deals in bulk, if you are having problems with, erm, anxiety or stiffness...
the second one round the corner as noted is much better as is the one a few doors up from Samudera and the ones next to the market are ok
Best if you write down the name of the drug ie the actual drug name not the brand as some times they will say no have if you just show the brand.

It is possible to some drugs from the referral hospital that are not available in the pharmacies a few years ago a friend got some but he had to go with a Khmer friend who found him a doctor that spoke English.
nickzeptepi
Tourist

Post by nickzeptepi »

Thanks all I tried a few before finding in date medicine at Kompong som pharmacy just before the market.

PS yes I had the generic active ingredient name on my phone to show the pharmacist. It's not popular so some places said they bought it in but it went out of date.

Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

Go past Samudea headed for the big market. A block and a half and its on the left by the dentist shop. I get my 4 meds there, and if she doesn't have what I want, she calls and finds it or orders it for me. The one down by the Golden Lyons Circle and their branch by the big bend in the main street are a no go. I used to use them, but the owner was always gone, had her idiot family running the place and always out of what I need. I've heard lately she doesn't accept US dollars any more,. True or not, I don't know.
LaudJohn
Expatriate

Post by LaudJohn »

LTO wrote:Sihanoukvillains would know better than me but I've had pretty good luck with the pharmacy on the corner right next to Phsar Leu, south side.

Yep, this is the one I have used for over a decade and recommend..
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic