Ex-British Soldier Missing in Pattaya: Murder Fears Grow

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Ex-British Soldier Missing in Pattaya: Murder Fears Grow

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

STEVE Balfour disappeared during a trip to visit his daughter in Pattaya, with one friend claiming he’d said if anything happened to him, it’d be his Thai ex-wife’s fault.

THE family of a Scots dad who vanished in Thailand more than a month ago believe he has been murdered.

Ex-soldier Steve Balfour disappeared on one of his regular trips to the country to see his six-year-old daughter Georgina, who lives with her Thai mum in Pattaya.

He has not been seen since May 14, and his passport and belongings were found in his hotel room.

Steve, 35, split from wife Nan Kidaw in a bitter divorce last year.

And a close friend has claimed that he warned during a Facebook chat: “If anything ever happens to me, it’s her that’s done it.”

Steve’s dad Archie, 56, who served with him in the Royal Scots, told the Record: “Only two things could have happened to Steven. Either he has committed suicide or he has been killed.

“I know for a fact that he would never take his own life. He completely doted on Georgina and did everything for her – which only leaves one thing.

“We are certain he has been killed or murdered.”... http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/2255 ... ears-grow/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Ex-British Soldier Missing in Pattaya: Murder Fears Grow

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

He's a private security contractor based in Basra Iraq, failed to catch his flight back to work, worrying indeed.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Ok, to be clear, this is totally unconfirmed. It's a copy of a copy of a comment from a TV forum, so FWIW. And RIP if it is true. There should be official news to follow.

Unfortunately....

Copied from a Pattaya forum...

"i've received confirmation sadly that Steve's body has been identified by his ex wife.

I know it's an open forum but can I request that everyone show a bit respect for his family and the board members that knew him.
A man who served his country with distinction all over the world."

RIP
http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/925 ... nd/page-18
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

not good
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

The original post about this is here http://forum.thepattayaclub.com/index.p ... her/page-3

Anyone a member there? Gotta be a member to read that.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

I unfortunately initially dismissed his "dissapearance" as a typical "oh no, he hasn't posted on fb for a few days" over reaction, wasn't until I started seeing friends of his who I work with start making posts that I actually realised this was a legitimate concern for once. Uncortunately people do "cry wolf" when they haven't heard from someone on social media for a few days.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

found;
GLASGOW: -- THE body of missing Scot Steve Balfour has been found in a police morgue in Thailand.
Steve, whose ex-wife Nan is Thai, was last seen on May 14 at a bar in the busy resort of Pattaya. His body was identified by a distinctive tattoo.
A 22-year-old vice worker from the area’s infamous Walking Street has been questioned by police.
Steve, who was on leave from his job as a security consultant in Iraq, was visiting his estranged Thai wife and six-year-old daughter, Georgina.
The 35-year-old split from wife Nan Kidaw in a bitter divorce last year. The former soldier was found dead in a room above a bar in the red light area on May 15.
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scott ... ve-8241674

the sex worker was a Katoey who he was last with
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

what a waste, he survived war and hostile environments but could not survive between the legs of a thai woman
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

https://www.stickboybangkok.com/news/sc ... rmed-dead/ : Although no details on how the Scotsman died have been shared by his family, I can confirm he was the unidentified foreigner who died after knocking his head on a wall during a liaison with a ladyboy in a short time Walking Street hotel in the early hours of May 15th – the morning after he was last seen by friends.

His body has been in a Bangkok mortuary as a John Doe for the past six weeks awaiting identification. It will now be repatriated to the UK.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

His wife has a funny name, Kidaw. Another lady boy by any chance.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic