Anyone seen Aiden Webb - missing in Vietnam ? Family FB search..

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Anyone seen Aiden Webb - missing in Vietnam ? Family FB search..

Post by timmydownawell »

LTO wrote:I can't imagine how he died so quickly. Maybe the injuries were bad, a broken bone pierced the skin or something.
Maybe his leg injuries were so bad he couldn't reach water but even then I don't know if you'd die of dehydration that quickly. But also possible he fell and hit his head or something.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

timmydownawell wrote:
LTO wrote:I can't imagine how he died so quickly. Maybe the injuries were bad, a broken bone pierced the skin or something.
Maybe his leg injuries were so bad he couldn't reach water but even then I don't know if you'd die of dehydration that quickly. But also possible he fell and hit his head or something.

Hypothermia is a distinct possibility. I don't know the exact weather conditions for last week but looking at the "mountain forecast" for today, the Fan Si Pan Weather Summary notes: Heavy rain (total 146mm), heaviest during Sun afternoon. Very mild (max 12°C on Fri morning, min 11°C on Fri night). Winds decreasing (strong winds from the W on Fri night, light winds from the SW by Sun afternoon), that gives a calculated wind chill factor of 0C. Without suitable clothing a "bivy sack/exposure bag" of some sort and fire starting kit, chances of survival if you are stuck out for a protracted time would be be very slim. Of course lack of access to water and food will exacerbate the situation.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Cause of death could have been anything...hypo or hyperthermia, extreme blood liss, shock, severe head injury, venoumous snake/spider/insect bite, etc...

Until an autopsy has been conducted and the cause of death is released, everything is pure speculation.

Condolonces to the deceaseds family and friends. Take solace in knowing that Aiden passed away doing an activity which he obviously enjoyed.
Lost50
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Lost50 »

3 days? I've seen people go for a dump longer & not felt the need to send out a search party.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Lost50 wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 3:33 pm 3 days? I've seen people go for a dump longer & not felt the need to send out a search party.
You are bumping up a 3 year old thread to diss someone who died ? I take it that you read the thread before you commented ?
A10
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by A10 »

I'll confess to clicking on a "similar topic" whilst lurking and not realizing how old it was until after reading it.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Anchor Moy wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 3:51 pm
Lost50 wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 3:33 pm 3 days? I've seen people go for a dump longer & not felt the need to send out a search party.
You are bumping up a 3 year old thread to diss someone who died ? I take it that you read the thread before you commented ?
Bumping old threads can easily happen when on phones. The similar topics show at the bottom and sometimes can be mistaken for other topics in the active threads view....by me anyway.
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

violet wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 6:30 pm
Anchor Moy wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 3:51 pm
Bumping old threads can easily happen when on phones. The similar topics show at the bottom and sometimes can be mistaken for other topics in the active threads view....by me anyway.
It wasn't so much the bumping, but I was a bit shocked by the comment, considering that if you read the thread you know that the search party found the guy's dead body on the mountain. So my post to Lost50 was intended to be more like - did you actually read the thread and think before you made a joke comment, or did you just comment without even reading what happened ?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic