Why I Still Love the USA Despite Everything.

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Why I Still Love the USA Despite Everything.

Post by phuketrichard »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
bolueeleh wrote:BBQ???? :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: next post someone will claim US invented fire :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:
i did a little research, BBQ the american way, the smokey BBQ is an American thing, but BBQing meat the way every other country BBQ's is the same as people have been doing since the dawn of time lol what the americans call our way of BBQing would be classes as Grilling, according to my google sources lol wierdos 8)
The weber grill 100% American!! :thumb:
After World War II, our heroes of the free world came home asking very little in return for their bravery: a bungalow with a small backyard to call their own, and some peace and quiet. In response to their modest wishes, suburbs spawned, and the backyard soon became sacred ground. As outdoor entertaining became a slice of the good life, simpler, free-standing metal braziers replaced traditional barbecue pits and the focus shifted from slow-cooked techniques to grilling—cooking meat over high heat. Smoke drifting over fences became part of the American landscape.
ImageImage
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

phuketrichard wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
bolueeleh wrote:BBQ???? :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: next post someone will claim US invented fire :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:
i did a little research, BBQ the american way, the smokey BBQ is an American thing, but BBQing meat the way every other country BBQ's is the same as people have been doing since the dawn of time lol what the americans call our way of BBQing would be classes as Grilling, according to my google sources lol wierdos 8)
The weber grill 100% American!! :thumb:
After World War II, our heroes of the free world came home asking very little in return for their bravery: a bungalow with a small backyard to call their own, and some peace and quiet. In response to their modest wishes, suburbs spawned, and the backyard soon became sacred ground. As outdoor entertaining became a slice of the good life, simpler, free-standing metal braziers replaced traditional barbecue pits and the focus shifted from slow-cooked techniques to grilling—cooking meat over high heat. Smoke drifting over fences became part of the American landscape.
ImageImage
:thumb:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
franzjaeger
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by franzjaeger »

BBQ is from Texas, a ranch called BQ started having open roasts, it became popular with the locals who were calling it the Bar-BQ, and it would be known as a synonym for the best quality meat.
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

Barbacoa: Taino indian word for roasting over fire. The Spanish brought it back to Europe from the "new world." (even though it has been done since man discovered fire) The state of North Carolina likes to claim to be the start and center of American style barbecue, this according to TarHeel mag. Lots of controversy over claiming rights as its a big deal in parts of the southern US. If anyone gets to the West Coast of America a restaurant chain called "Famous Dave's" does barbecue really well. (love the Devil's Spit barbecue sauce.) Get "the feast for 4."
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

BTW/ I got no answer or PM from Sinnsisamouth. No surprise there.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Sailorman wrote:BTW/ I got no answer or PM from Sinnsisamouth. No surprise there.
were u seriously expecting one? :facepalm: :beer3:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

Richard: One can only hope. A face to face "man up" discussion can alleviate or end a lot of problems or hard feelings, but flamers and trolls will always be just flamers and trolls (whoever they may be), and in the end, its not life, but just a forum.

Did you ever Drag your '57? Times/speed? I used to love to go to the drags. So many cars, loud/scary dragsters (some jet dragster) Never timed my '67 Corvette, but did a lot of drags with my '63 Impala/409 and '56 Pontiac/'57 Bonny engine. I got to see Don Garlets in SwampRat and Connie Kaletta in BountyHunter. If you remember either of those it dates you. (and me.)
Mr Curious
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Mr Curious »

that's called grilling :)
right about BBQ...low (heat) and slow, some wood at first for that nice smokey flavor.
Maybe you ain't seen much Ali fight footage. Guy was fast, hit hard and had a sixth sense about exploiting/creating an opening. PLUS you can't name anyone that was a better self promoter. And funny :)
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

sailorman is correct.
french colonials called it boucan
hence the word buccaneer from the meat driers who provisioned ships from cuba and hispaniola from wild cattle in the early days of european colonisation.
it was a way of preserving meat with smoke, and a way to bulk process meat.
was big on plantations, and the best american style slow cooked smoked bbq is generally made by black folks.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic