Teach in Myanmar

This is our job board for expats. Until ZipRecruiter and Indeed make their way to the Kingdom of Wonder, this is the best place to look for employment in Cambodia, whether you're looking to teach English, manage a 5-star hotel, volunteer, or even work for some of the big NGOs. Even digital nomads who move to Cambodia sometimes need a side gig as a TEFL instructor from time to time. Most professional expatriate jobs are in Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap and Kampot are emerging as attractive alternatives. If you're an employer or hiring manager, you're also welcome to post your job listing here for free.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Teach in Myanmar

Post by vladimir »

Posting for a friend in Myanmar:

Various Positions - June 1st Start
Myanmar (Burma) (Yangon & Taunggyi)

1600 USD
Requisites: TESOL, CELTA, B.A. B.Ed or M.Ed
Fields of Expertise: , Elementary, ESL to Children, Kindergarten

Details:
brainworks-total.com
Myanmar Largest Group of K – 12 Integrated Schools
JUNE 2016 START AVAILABLE FOR THE FOLLOWING POSITIONS
• 4 x Pre School (ages 2.5 – 6) for Yangon
• 1 x Pre School (ages 2.5 – 6) for Regional Taunggyi
• 1 x Lower Primary English (ages 6 – 10) for Yangon
• 1 x Secondary English (ages 10 – 17) for Yangon
• Full time substitute teacher Pre School (ages 2.5 – 6)
• Full time substitute teacher P1 – P4 (ages 6 – 10),
• Full time substitute teacher P5 – S4 (ages 11 – 16)
Come and experience the wonders and be part of the positive and exciting changing
times in the Golden Land of Myanmar. Brainworks – Total are a unique group of K -12
Integrated schools with eight city branches in Yangon and one regional branch in
Taunggyi. We are a registered Cambridge School with ISO 9001 and ISO 14001
accreditation. Our focus is on providing thousands of Myanmar children with an
extremely high quality world-class education for a very reasonable and affordable cost
that many parents can afford. We also focus on training and empowering over 350 local
Myanmar teachers so that in the long term they can expand and duplicate the model and
become more self-sufficient which in turn will continue to move this developing country
forward. In the ten years since our founding in the Southeast Asian country of Myanmar
(formerly known as Burma) Brainworks-Total Group of Schools has expanded to 8
branches with over 2500 very motivated students and 350 dedicated teachers and staff
with ongoing expansion plans. All our training is conducted in English and focuses on
experiential learning with high academic standards as well as personal/self-development
skills, creating future young leaders in a digital environment, service to the community
and
participatory activities. We also believe in reflective teaching and our instructors and
teachers work collaboratively at all levels to continuously evaluate and improve student
learning. At the same time we also have a strong emphasis on developing, training and
empowering our local Myanmar teachers, staff, and parents.
Benefits Include:
We offer single academic year Employment agreements but are very focused on giving
our students certainty and continuity and preference is given to applicants who are
prepared to commit to a 2 consecutive agreements.
• Our salary year is from 1st week of June to 30th April
• Our teacher-working year runs from June 1st through to the eve of Thingyun in early
April of the following year.
• For those that complete a single academic year contract and are offered and accept
a second year contract we offer a one-month paid holiday for the month of May
• Paid public and term holidays.
• Paid flights costs to and from Myanmar on full completion of contract from Bangkok
• Excellent teacher/student class ratios.
• High quality shared house/apartment style air-conditioned accommodation for single
people.
Please note there are no single self contained or mixed couple accommodations
available
• US$500.00 Stipend available for those that wish to procure their own
accommodation at the start of the contract.
• Free basic house keeping and laundry service.
• We cover all initial and bi monthly visa renewal costs.
• Free daily nutritional School lunches.
• We cover all local work related transportation costs.
• Basic simple medical cover.
• For those that show enthusiasm, dedication and a natural desire to lead there are
performance based advancement opportunities.
Salary:
US$1600-US$2000 depending on level taught, qualifications and experience.
Note: While the salary may be less than teachers are paid in some western countries
international teachers usually say because of the low cost of living in Myanmar they can
live a far easier and more affluent lifestyle in Myanmar than they can on a teachers salary
in their own country.
General Qualifications:
English Teachers
1. Be a native English speaker from the USA, Canada, UK, Australia or New Zealand
with a neutral accent.
2. You must hold an ESL qualification: TESOL, CELTA or TEFL (min. 120hrs of in class
training) or have an accredited ESOL endorsement on your teaching license. Preference
given to those that hold a B.A. B.Ed or M.Ed and to those that are certified teachers in
their place of origin.
3. All positions require at least two full years practical leading and teaching classroom
experience.
4. Have experience living abroad (preferably 1 year or more) in a developing country and
a sense for adventure, change and a touch of uncertainty.
Please note: We will only respond to applications that meet the requirements we are
looking for.
How to Apply:
Send email applications: [email protected]
YOU MUST INDICATE WHICH SPECIFIC POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: Teach in Myanmar

Post by kiwiincambodia »

You would have to stay in the accommodation provided.

You could not go out and get a place to your own on that salary. Rent is ridiculously expensive in Myanmar.
dopmoto
Expatriate

Post by dopmoto »

kiwiincambodia wrote:You would have to stay in the accommodation provided.

You could not go out and get a place to your own on that salary. Rent is ridiculously expensive in Myanmar.
if i had all those fake equivilent of the qualifications needed to teach english i wouldnt even use them on a cuntry that jails foreigners for as little as and as blaitently xenophobic and racist as jailing a new zealander for having a picture of a buddha with earphobes on.

honestley we here in i are letting in rohingya but the myanmar gov thinks its fun to lock foreige business owners in a backward racist attack.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

kiwiincambodia wrote:You would have to stay in the accommodation provided.

I f you choose to move out, you get $500pm accommodation allowance.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
table42
Expatriate

Post by table42 »

Hey 10 motos(dopmoto) where do you come from? You seem to have traveled extensively.
I try not to let my mouth say nothin my mind can't stand. Louis "Satchmo" Armstrong. Or

I know nothing, I see nothing, in fact I'm not here right now.
Romanian source debriefed in West Berlin
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic