Metfone makes me want to choke a bunny

Phones, Internet, Computers and such.
Luigi
Expatriate

Metfone makes me want to choke a bunny

Post by Luigi »

Finally after much delay, lying & theft of components by Metfone sales person I got connected via fiber optic. Power went of about 1 hr. after hook up & now laptop & mobile say connected but no internet access. Anyone have a clue. I am back on bleepin Metfone dongel. :evil: :facepalm:
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: Metfone makes me want to choke a bunny

Post by cptrelentless »

Luigi wrote:Finally after much delay, lying & theft of components by Metfone sales person I got connected via fiber optic. Power went of about 1 hr. after hook up & now laptop & mobile say connected but no internet access. Anyone have a clue. I am back on bleepin Metfone dongel. :evil: :facepalm:
TL;DR
Metfone in SHV are the absolute pits, although now you no longer have to huddle round the only fan in their office, as it's all aircon and they have sweets for you to suck on to calm your anger. I can't get Opennet here as I'm like Shrek living in the swamp. Two weeks before Khmer New Year I ponied up for a year's fibre up front. "Yeah, yeah, five to seven days." Gae tae fuck. Anyhow, after KNY finished and I had complained several times, dude with his cart and two kids finally puts the cable in to the house. Now I need the engineer to terminate it all. Some days pass, and YTS spotty youth turns up, spends four hours making new terminations, going back to the cabinet, going back to the office for a new battery for the terminator, going back to the cabinet, telling me the wire was maybe broken, going back to the office, going back to the cabinet, telling me my decent Netgear router didn't work properly until he cut and pasted the password instead of flid-typing it in. Left me the contract with an envelope, on which was written - if internet not work call this number xx. Of course, a couple of days later no internet. Ring the number - what's your account number? Look at paperwork, no account number listed. What's your phone number? - repeat it, cannot find. Passport number? Cannot find. Please spell your surname. Sorry, I not understand. Spell again, including full name and middle name. If there's some cunt in Cambodia with the same name as mine I'd be very surprised. This happened twice, outage, calling, cannot find you. I went to the office and got my account number. You must wait one day for an engineer. But I have complained several times. Your complaints are not on this account, so you wait one day. Apparently if you have two accounts, with the same details, they can't find you. Back to that last big power outage we had in SHV yesterday. Power comes back, no internet. Armed with my account number, I get the wife to niyay khmer with them. "We try to fix very quickly". The next day, still no internet. My wife phones again and an engineer finally turns up, apparently she offered him five dollars so he turned up. Dicks about in the cabinet again and gets it working. I'm waiting for the next failure.
Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

Yeah. Sounds about right.

OK. Wheres that fukin bunny rabbit?

And this company is at the top of the heap? There is no hope.
table42
Expatriate

Post by table42 »

WELCOME to The Kingdom of Wonder foreigner.
Oh you pay now. I've never seen a place with less business acumen and total ignorance of customer service.
I try not to let my mouth say nothin my mind can't stand. Louis "Satchmo" Armstrong. Or

I know nothing, I see nothing, in fact I'm not here right now.
Romanian source debriefed in West Berlin
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

table42 wrote:WELCOME to The Kingdom of Wonder foreigner.
Oh you pay now. I've never seen a place with less business acumen and total ignorance of customer service.
precisely
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
lurcio
Expatriate
Guatemala

Post by lurcio »

Typical Metfone scam

They disconnect you so you have to call for an engineer who turns up and says your modem is broken so need to pay for a new one (actually a used one they have swapped out from someone else's place). Had this happen twice and both times said I wasn't going to pay ($25). After a quick phone call by the engineer to his 'boss' the broken modem amazingly starts working again. The third time they asked for $50 and as I was thankfully only a couple of weeks away from the end of the contract I just told them to leave and I moved to Opennet. Opennet has dropped out about once a month but I just ring the help line and they fix it remotely except 1 time when I had to meet the engineer outside my place and point out which line was mine. Never had to come in my house or asked for money.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

our metaphone wifi goes off all the time, says connected but no access, winds me the fuck up recently it was like that for about 3 days, when we rang up they said a big portion of SHV was all down and they were having problems
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Yeah, Metfone is selling 49% share in the company right now. Apparently they need that money to complete the 24/7 link to SNV.
Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

Well that was all very inspirational. I still need to kill something. May be Opennet might get my bidness. problem being this entire area/development is wired with Metfone fiber optic.

Just this evening a friend was telling me about a friend that has a new deal in town. Was supposedly getting near 6mps. up & down according to speedtest.net.

More later or read about man who mistakes metfone employee for bunny rabbit.
franzjaeger
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by franzjaeger »

49%, there are some bars here looking for that sort of investment too. Incl. free wi-fi. :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic