Cambodia's future transportation

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Cambodia's future transportation

Post by Samouth »

Lets have some useful discussions about this unfortunate city. Are there any transportation experts here? I want hear your takes about Cambodia's future transportation basically in Phnom Penh. Do you think metro is suitable for Phnom Penh or can metro be built in Phnom Penh?
បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Cambodia's future transportation

Post by frank lee bent »

http://traincambodia.com/
Trains to Thailand and to airport coming soon
rogerrabbit
Expatriate

Post by rogerrabbit »

Metro is most likely too expensive for Cambodia for long time. I think the best option for Phnom Penh would rapid bus network, like they have in Brazil and some cities in Philippines. Own seperate roads with stops/stations. Much cheaper option then rails and can be build much faster as well.
table42
Expatriate

Post by table42 »

"Own seperate roads with stops/stations. Much cheaper option..."

Of course it is. It costs next to nothing to throw poor people off their land.
I try not to let my mouth say nothin my mind can't stand. Louis "Satchmo" Armstrong. Or

I know nothing, I see nothing, in fact I'm not here right now.
Romanian source debriefed in West Berlin
franzjaeger
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by franzjaeger »

Check out the new ev cup from Honda, nothing beats a moto for getting around quickly in PP

http://www.gizmag.com/honda-ev-cub-2018 ... ion/42375/
rogerrabbit
Expatriate

Post by rogerrabbit »

table42 wrote:"Own seperate roads with stops/stations. Much cheaper option..."

Of course it is. It costs next to nothing to throw poor people off their land.
PP will be such a traffic nightmare in 10-15 years if something is not done in near future about the public transport. Pollution etc. will be so bad that those who now own the land central area, might not even want to live there. And even if they pay "well" for the people for the land, it would still come cheaper than metro. Metro is extremely expensive to build. Expecially in place like PP. And of course those roads could be build in air, like skytrain.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

rogerrabbit wrote:PP will be such a traffic nightmare in 10-15 years if something is not done in near future about the public transport.
It is already a nightmare.

What is this foreign concept of giving a f about the 'public'?
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
table42
Expatriate

Post by table42 »

"Lets have some useful discussions about this unfortunate city..."

Unfortunate??? Shit, it's hopeless!

This response is right on "What is this foreign concept of giving a f about the 'public'?"

The public is whoever you can step on so that the powerful rich become even richer. Get your head outta yr.ass; it was too late years ago. Cambodia is a country with absolutory no future at all. It keeps its delusions by stoking the fires of the past and by pimping Angkor Wat as a vision of the future. You ought to contribute to TripAdvisor.com. They'd love a native telling them everything is fixable.
I try not to let my mouth say nothin my mind can't stand. Louis "Satchmo" Armstrong. Or

I know nothing, I see nothing, in fact I'm not here right now.
Romanian source debriefed in West Berlin
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Postby Duncan » Sat May 14, 2016 3:48 pm

Rutiger wrote:
It's a great idea and I hope they pursue it, although there will obviously be some forced evictions if land owners won't sell. The existing train tracks are less than 2km from the airport terminal, but there is no "vacant land" route from there as he suggested for a train to get to the actual airport. Their best bet may be to build a new train station at Street 105K and begin regular shuttle bus service for the last 2km. The taxi drivers will fiercely and violently oppose it, though.

A '' sky train '' would work better. Following the original train track, but above it . Pillars on each side of the track, and rail line on the cross piece that joins the two pillars. The advantages of this , a ''light rail '', system is it does not interfere with any other traffic. No dogs cows or Lexus to get in the way. Does not take any extra land, and the system can be all automated, run from a office with CCTV, and not even needing a driver .
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

I detect a certain slithering venom laden presence in this thread that is distinctly familiar.
Something toxic, with scales, from the provinces sssss.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic