Cambodia's future transportation

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Re: Cambodia's future transportation

Post by Samouth »

bolueeleh wrote:
Samouth wrote:I felt like we don't talk much about metro. I really want to have metro in the city. Yes, Metro is really expensive and the government might not be able to afford to make it available in the country. However, what if there are oversea companies who want to invest in public transportation in Cambodia.

I heard people said that, metro or underground train can't be built in Cambodia, due to the unorganized buildings or something. I might be wrong.
light rail, above ground, thats the only way to go, other then that, i dont think any private company would invest so much money into an expensive system when anytime HE feels like it can take it away, like the tolls on road number 4
I would like to hear about the metro in Singapore. I guess i can find that information on Internet, but i want to hear it from Singaporean. When i was there, i really like the metro, such a great public transportation.
បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

LPG

solar buses already operating at Angkor
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

frank lee bent wrote: LPG
I have never seen these buses in Siem Reap despite the fact that i have been to Siem Reap for many times. So it is still running right ?
បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Samouth wrote:
frank lee bent wrote: LPG

I have never seen these buses in Siem Reap despite the fact that i have been to Siem Reap for many times. So it is still running right ?

I have noticed a lot of those RE , LPG , India made tuk-tuk's about lately . The small diameter wheels would make them impractical for roads with large potholes , so why are Cambodians buying them ?
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Barang_doa_slae
The Dark Horse
Cambodia

Post by Barang_doa_slae »

Samouth wrote:
frank lee bent wrote:
LPG

With the way Cambodians care for their appliances and preventive maintenance, I picture them being out of order in some warehouse, just like the SHV port big windmill that has been at a stand still for at least a year already.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Skytrain a bold vision for city
11 May 2017
Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) has confirmed it will kick off work on a feasibility study for a $800 million skytrain that would run through Phnom Penh following recent talks between Japanese and Cambodian ministers.

Chin Kimheang, program officer at the Public Relations & Training Affairs Section for JICA Cambodia, told Post Property work on a detailed feasibility study for the skytrain would now begin in August with the intentions of submitting the study to the Cambodian government for review once completed.

The feasibility study, which was initially supposed to start in April and which follows a pre-feasibility study on the railway, will provide a comprehensive breakdown of projected costs for the development and will also narrow down the preferred routes.

“The objective of the project is to construct an urban railway in Phnom Penh in order to address the increasing traffic demands, hereby contributing to mitigating traffic congestion in the capital,” she said. Kimheang was unable to provide a completion timeframe for the study.

Called the Automated Guideway Transit (AGT) line, the proposed electric skytrain would include more than ten stations and have a train capacity of a 3-car train to accommodate 330 people...
http://www.phnompenhpost.com/post-prope ... ision-city
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Why does Cambodia keep getting handouts? It's like never taking the training wheels off your child's bike. How many other public transportation systems have been funded by other countries' donor agencies? Bangkok wasn't as far as I know. Vietnam? China? Brazil? Honest question as I can't think of a single one...
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
AE86
Expatriate
Japan

Post by AE86 »

It's all a money "slush" operation. Donor money is the easiest to make disappear into your pockets while maintaining face. It's how sycophants are able to make themselves rich without actually having to possess business talent and entrepreneurial expertise.
-insert signature here
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Sat May 13, 2017 1:18 pm Why does Cambodia keep getting handouts? It's like never taking the training wheels off your child's bike. How many other public transportation systems have been funded by other countries' donor agencies? Bangkok wasn't as far as I know. Vietnam? China? Brazil? Honest question as I can't think of a single one...

Dont you know they had a war here 40 years ago and all the intelligent people were killed or staved to death. It's going to take another 40 years to educate and find enough intelligent people to run a bus service or rubbish collection so they really need the handouts .
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Is that comment tongue-in-cheek or not? Vietnam had a war for even longer, so did many other countries. Maybe they should invest in education? I honestly don't understand why Cambodia keeps getting so much. I guess other NGO poster-child countries like Rwanda have also gotten a lot, but paying for public transit? Christ... Tell them to unfuck themselves and stop funneling money into their own pockets for a start. I suspect it's just more of a soft-power thing between China and Japan. Sadly Japan doesn't understand that it'll inevitably lose the battle in question.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic