Work Permit Possession?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Work Permit Possession?

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Barang chgout wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:35 am Just been told I have to get a work book to go with my e-visa, not a work permit, and I'm not working. Problems with being the only Barang in the village. Target for money but frustrating to be told 'you not work, we make up employer number for you' , which then means I am 'employed' and therefore need to pay for a work book......

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk
Work books are no longer issued, the MoLVT has done away with these. Only permits now.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

Thats not what the Pursat cops are saying but I hope you are correct.

PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Barang chgout wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:26 am Thats not what the Pursat cops are saying but I hope you are correct.

They probably are not aware of the changes....surprise, surprise! Haha
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Post by juansweetpotato »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:03 am
Barang chgout wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:35 am Just been told I have to get a work book to go with my e-visa, not a work permit, and I'm not working. Problems with being the only Barang in the village. Target for money but frustrating to be told 'you not work, we make up employer number for you' , which then means I am 'employed' and therefore need to pay for a work book......

Work books are no longer issued, the MoLVT has done away with these. Only permits now.
is there a prakas that says this? i wish the op would state which school it was.
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Haha....since when do they ever update the Prakas, that would make too much sense!
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Post by juansweetpotato »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:06 pm Haha....since when do they ever update the Prakas, that would make too much sense!
where are getting this info from then?
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Staff at the MoLVT, confirmed by a guy I know is the head of HR for one of the largest employers of foreigners in Cambodia.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

Amazing! One call from the mother in law to the village big man (whom she knows) and everything is forgotten. He called the local cops and apparently now all I need is the visa I already have.....love Cambodia!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic