Man shot in Rock Night Club. Police denied entry.

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Man shot in Rock Night Club. Police denied entry.

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Man Shot on Dance Floor of Popular Nightclub in Capital

by Buth Kimsay | May 9, 2016

Police say they are searching for a gunman who entered Phnom Penh’s popular Rock nightclub in the early hours of Friday morning and shot another man in the chest and shoulder, leaving him seriously injured.

Eng Sorphea, chief of the municipal police’s serious crimes bureau, said officers had already identified the suspect but were relying on the victim’s account of the shooting, as they were not allowed into the Rock Entertainment Center to investigate the scene.

“We are searching to arrest the suspect who fled after shooting two times, causing one man to be badly injured,” he said, identifying the victim as Mot Makara, 28.
Mr. Sorphea said the suspect, whom he declined to identify, had called the victim and told him to come outside the nightclub but that the victim had ignored the request and continued dancing inside.

“The victim simply let the suspect wait a few minutes, then the suspect entered and shot the victim two times,” he said.

The bureau chief said officers who responded to the shooting were not allowed to enter the club, which is owned by powerful businessman Kith Meng. He refused to say why Rock had the authority to prevent police from investigating a crime scene.
Continued here: https://www.cambodiadaily.com/news/man- ... al-112327/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
ot mien kampf
Expatriate

Re: Man shot in Rock Night Club. Police denied entry.

Post by ot mien kampf »

Ctrl+F "Rule of Law"

0 results returned
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Ok, VIP owner. Makes more sense. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kith_Meng
A receptionist at the club said that all media outlets had been told not to report on the shooting, declining to give her name or comment further.
Whoops. :?
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Anchor Moy wrote:Ok, VIP owner. Makes more sense. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kith_Meng
A receptionist at the club said that all media outlets had been told not to report on the shooting, declining to give her name or comment further.
Whoops. :?
That would be the receptionist named Srey Mom.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

there was also a shooting at the hotel at the bottom of 130 on sunday night if i rememember rightly? or was this the same incident?
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:there was also a shooting at the hotel at the bottom of 130 on sunday night if i rememember rightly? or was this the same incident?

I don't think so, Rock is pretty far away from St 130, it's down near Boeng Trabek at the southern end of Monivong.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

John Bingham wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:there was also a shooting at the hotel at the bottom of 130 on sunday night if i rememember rightly? or was this the same incident?

I don't think so, Rock is pretty far away from St 130, it's down near Boeng Trabek at the southern end of Monivong.
i was with my friend at the time and it was his girlfriend that was texting him about it as we was out having some happy hour cocktails, must have only been about 7-8pm i think,
from what i remember, according to the texts, some guy went into the Indochina 2 hotel at the bottom of 130 and started firing a few rounds off, not sure if anyone was hurt/killed though
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
John Bingham wrote:

i was with my friend at the time and it was his girlfriend that was texting him about it as we was out having some happy hour cocktails, must have only been about 7-8pm i think,
from what i remember, according to the texts, some guy went into the Indochina 2 hotel at the bottom of 130 and started firing a few rounds off, not sure if anyone was hurt/killed though
Any more news about that ? Indochine 2 hotel is in the heart of tourist central on riverside. It used to be a very respectable place to stay.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

All these guys with guns should have military training like this guy. You must be good to do it twice.

Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Anchor Moy wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
John Bingham wrote:

Any more news about that ? Indochine 2 hotel is in the heart of tourist central on riverside. It used to be a very respectable place to stay.
not sure i dont know any news sites to check out, and if its anything like this incident there might not be any news to report if theyre not giving out any info...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic