Nutters who see terrorists everywhere.

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Nutters who see terrorists everywhere.

Post by Anchor Moy »

This latest story of deranged people who see terrorists everywhere is one of the best yet IMO. A flight in the US was delayed when an Italian economics professor was reported as a terrorist by his neighbour who was terrified by his maths equations. :bow:
American Airlines confirmed on Saturday that a woman expressed suspicions about a University of Pennsylvania economics professor, Guido Menzio. She said she was too ill to take the Air Wisconsin-operated flight...

On Facebook, Menzio recounted the “unbelievable” experience in the present tense. “The passenger sitting next to me calls the stewardess, passes her a note.”
The plane, ready to take off, then returned to the gate and the passenger left. Menzio was then asked to disembark the plane and “met by some FBI looking man-in-black”.

“They ask me about my neighbor,” he wrote. “I tell them I noticed nothing strange. They tell me she thought I was a terrorist because I was writing strange things on a pad of paper. I laugh. I bring them back to the plane. I showed them my math.”...
http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016 ... n-airlines
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Re: Nutters who see terrorists everywhere.

Post by bolueeleh »

mass media to blame
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Fuck the Italians
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Reminds me of this for some reason:

"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

"The only crime I committed was wearing a turban, having a beard, and speaking in a different language to another brown man on a bus,"
Each time this happens, it's because some small-town small-minded person sees difference as weird, therefore threatening, therefore presumed terrorist. This is not so surprising, but it's a worry when the authorities are equally ignorant.
Sikh Man Falsely Accused of Terrorism Demands Accountability for Accusers
by Frances Kai-Hwa Wang

...As an observant Sikh originally from India, Singh wears a turban and beard as articles of his faith. Singh had recently been granted asylum and was travelling from Phoenix, Arizona, to Indianapolis, Indiana, to begin his new life in America. According to The Sikh Coalition, Singh speaks almost no English, and while on the bus, he met a Pakistani-American man, Mohammed Chotri, who spoke Punjabi. The two men sat and conversed together in Punjabi during the cross-country bus ride.

According to The Sikh Coalition, a woman on the bus reported to police that the two men were "acting weird," speaking Arabic, and discussing a bomb.

In Amarillo, Texas, two other passengers detained Singh and Chotri in their seats until police came and arrested them at gunpoint.

Police also removed Singh's turban and distributed mug shots of him without his turban to local media. He was detained for approximately 30 hours. After being interviewed by the Federal Bureau of Investigation through a Punjabi language interpreter, both men were cleared of all allegations of wrongdoing, and no charges were filed...
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/asian-ameri ... rs-n564311
lurcio
Expatriate
Guatemala

Post by lurcio »

kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Dead ISIS Leader Will Be Remembered as Guy Who Looked Like a Huge Kebab Meat Tower. http://gawker.com/dead-isis-leader-will ... 1775792302
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

A satirical meme page which mocks anti-Muslim Facebook images has actually been mistaken as factual by some users.

As Snopes reports, some thought the widely shared image of Professor Quirrell from Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, as portrayed by actor Ian Hart, was genuinely a muslim man called Sajid Muhammed who was alleged to have set a woman on fire for eating a bacon sandwich.
http://indy100.independent.co.uk/articl ... yfszKf4eZW

Unfortunately it looks like the Worldwide Infidels United page has been taken down now. :cry:
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Went down Seredipity today and saw a terrorist walking around suspiciously
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic