Lazy Tourists in the Maldives

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
4000islandsguy
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Lazy Tourists in the Maldives

Post by 4000islandsguy »

Lovely villa. People that can not understand the appeal of private pool villas probably haven't ever stayed in one. I am sure if money were not an issue no poster on this board would refuse to stay in such a place. Phuketrichard seems to be one of the few here that understand the lure and use of a pool like this. It is where you relax at night with your wine as he said. Try going down the steps and doing that in the open sea. It is possible but this is catering to luxury guests who want the wine to be in a bucket of ice near them.

I would much rather relax in this pool after dark than the open sea. Many people would be afraid to go in the ocean after dark. Some people have kids as well and I am sure the kids would love this set up. There are many things in the world to hate on but this room isn't one of them. It isn't designed for the $5 a night fan room audience obviously. As far as the people being stupid to pay for this... I am sure they got rich enough to stay in places like this because they are stupid. If you are rich staying in a place like this is a drop in the bucket. If you are running up credit card bills to pay for it maybe it would be better spent on something else.

Anybody have any idea where this villa is and the cost per night? I am guessing it is around $1,200 a night. I am sure there is a special discount if you show a TEFL certificate.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

4000islandsguy wrote:Lovely villa. People that can not understand the appeal of private pool villas probably haven't ever stayed in one. I am sure if money were not an issue no poster on this board would refuse to stay in such a place. Phuketrichard seems to be one of the few here that understand the lure and use of a pool like this. It is where you relax at night with your wine as he said. Try going down the steps and doing that in the open sea. It is possible but this is catering to luxury guests who want the wine to be in a bucket of ice near them.

I would much rather relax in this pool after dark than the open sea. Many people would be afraid to go in the ocean after dark. Some people have kids as well and I am sure the kids would love this set up. There are many things in the world to hate on but this room isn't one of them. It isn't designed for the $5 a night fan room audience obviously. As far as the people being stupid to pay for this... I am sure they got rich enough to stay in places like this because they are stupid. If you are rich staying in a place like this is a drop in the bucket. If you are running up credit card bills to pay for it maybe it would be better spent on something else.

Anybody have any idea where this villa is and the cost per night? I am guessing it is around $1,200 a night. I am sure there is a special discount if you show a TEFL certificate.
It's the Ayada Resort, prices vary from $495 to $1431 per night. https://www.sunnymaldives.com/resorts/ayada-maldives

Ayada Maldives Resort - 5 Star Luxury Hotel Island Maguhdhuvaa Gaafu Dhaalu Atoll

phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

there so many to chose from;
http://www.mymaldives.com/resorts/
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

phuketrichard wrote:there so many to chose from;
Decisions, decisions, too many to chose from, makes going on holiday too complicated. I'll stay home, much cheaper and good enough for me. If I get tired of the pool, there's plenty of river. :lol:

PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

4000islandsguy is spot on qith his post :thumb:

phuketrichard wrote:there so many to chose from;
Way too many to choose from, haha! The good thing about most of the Maldives resorts, are that their prices are usually all inclusive (F&B, transfers, water sports/activities, spa services, etc).
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby »

I love it. Besides, fish fuck in the ocean.
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
Artisan
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Artisan »

RickyBobby wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:16 am I love it. Besides, fish fuck in the ocean.
Don't forget the dinosaurs' pee.
pebbles&nightsky
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby »

I never swim in the ocean (well, never say never) Ocean side pools are where its at for me.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

RickyBobby wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:21 am I never swim in the ocean (well, never say never) Ocean side pools are where its at for me.
i swim in the sea 6 days out of 7 year round ( unless a bad storm rolls in)
the water centers me
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby »

phuketrichard wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:42 am
RickyBobby wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:21 am I never swim in the ocean (well, never say never) Ocean side pools are where its at for me.
i swim in the sea 6 days out of 7 year round ( unless a bad storm rolls in)
the water centers me
It's likely very good for you and your skin.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic