Kingdom’s scales tip: study

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

27 Apr, 2016 Igor Kossov

There are now more overweight than underweight women in Cambodia, according to a study published this month in the science journal Nutrients, a fact health experts say increases women’s risk of non-communicable diseases.

The study gathered data from Cambodian demographic surveys from 2000 and 2014, looking at women between 15 and 49 years old. The results showed malnutrition shrinking and obesity growing until obesity surpassed malnutrition for the first time in 2014. Both populations face health risks.

“Cambodia is thus now facing a double burden of malnutrition in women and has to define and implement appropriate strategies to improve the nutritional status of women,” the study states.

http://m.phnompenhpost.com/national/kin ... -tip-study

This is not surprising with all the western junk food chains that have opened up over the last few years.
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Re: Kingdom’s scales tip: study

Post by SinnSisamouth »

I rarely see a cambo fatty
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

They should do the same study in the provinces. I can't believe the results would be the same.
ot mien kampf
Expatriate

Post by ot mien kampf »

NOOOOOOOOO

Fatties taking over. It will probably become like Thailand, where almost every extended family has one inexplicable lard bucket.
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

old cambo woman? then maybe
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Re: RE: Re: Kingdom’s scales tip: study

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

SinnSisamouth wrote:I rarely see a cambo fatty
I see a lot of them. Not American obese types, but definitely overweight.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

Not my woman. She likes to be fed tube steak every morning. I tell her it's good for complexion & whitens the skin. Must take a dose everyday. Works for me.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

thats strange as i was studying the obesity figures the other day and only 3.2% of cambodians are obese in 2014,

all that is saying is that theres more over weight women than underweight women, with only 2-4% (ive seen varying vigures) of women being obese its a fine margin!
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
michael.stewart1
Expatriate
Russia

Post by michael.stewart1 »

My girlfriend is always trying to get me to eat more and I am concerned I will get fat. I weigh about 65 kilos the last time I was at Sen Sok University Hospital. She does not seem to like that I usually eat when I am hungry and that is normally once per day. Nothing like a cabbage salad with homemade Italian dressing and a nice homemade roll.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic