British Expat Simon Corner Who Has An Arrest Warrant Out for the Abduction/Murder of Lisa Brown Was Last Seen in Pattaya

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
Алина Анисимов
Expatriate

Re: British Expat Simon Corner Who Has An Arrest Warrant Out for the Abduction/Murder of Lisa Brown Was Last Seen in Pat

Post by Алина Анисимов »

Rutiger wrote:If he was hiding out in Pattaya, he'll be seeing this info and be soon off to PP or SHV next. Those are historically the absolute last refuges of the desperate fugitive.
How is that? What makes you say so? Do you live in Cambodia? I don't think so ! Why are you so down on Cambodia? Educate me !
Rutiger
Expatriate

Re: British Expat Simon Corner Who Has An Arrest Warrant Out for the Abduction/Murder of Lisa Brown Was Last Seen in Pat

Post by Rutiger »

Алина Анисимов wrote:
Rutiger wrote:If he was hiding out in Pattaya, he'll be seeing this info and be soon off to PP or SHV next. Those are historically the absolute last refuges of the desperate fugitive.
How is that? What makes you say so? Do you live in Cambodia? I don't think so ! Why are you so down on Cambodia? Educate me !
Read the news and educate yourself.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: RE: Re: British Expat Simon Corner Who Has An Arrest Warrant Out for the Abduction/Murder of Lisa Brown Was Last See

Post by General Mackevili »

Алина Анисимов wrote:
I think he's just stating the obvious. Has nothing to do with whether he loves Cambodia or not.

He's basing it on history repeating itself.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

He's probably sitting, enjoying a quiet beer right now at 'Above Us Only Sky' bar.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

I think there's a definite niche in the market for a Top Bloke bar, perhaps secret tunnels from each room to a waiting car, fake passports for sale, etc.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

According to this article by Andrew Drummond, Simon Corner - also known as DEAN WOODS or DEAN TRIPP - could well be in Cambodia after having been sighted in Pattaya. There is a £6,500 reward for his capture,( or information leading to his capture, not specified), offered by Lisa Brown's family. Her body has not been found, but it looks like they believe she is dead.
This must be terrible for them, but I think he will be found sooner or later.
http://www.andrew-drummond.com/2016/04/ ... phnom.html

WANTED BRIT SOUGHT IN PATTAYA AND PHNOM PENH
Thursday, April 14, 2016
Briton Simon Corner the subject of a Euro arrest warrant issued after the disappearance of his Scots girlfriend Lis Brown in the south of Spain last November could be a test case for co-operation between police forces across two continents.

So far the Guardia Civil, the primary investigator, has been involved with police in Merseyside, where Corner, 33, is from and from Police Scotland. Lisa, 32, is from Dumbarton.

On his return to Malaga
Corner, who is also reported by some media as having trouble with criminal gangs in southern Spain, was reported spotted in Pattaya last week by a Scot who called the Daily Record.

He could also now be in Cambodia.

He left Spain about the time of Lisa’s disappearance but flight records show that he travelled back to Malaga on Jan 18th from Phnom Penh, via Guangzhou, China and Paris.

Lisa Brown’s family has offered a £6,500 reward (322,775 Thai baht) which is an attractive incentive to people in the likes of Pattaya, Phuket, Phnom Penh, and Sihanoukville.

The legal problem is of course whether there are any sort of grounds for extradition. He has not been charged with anything and his girlfriend has not been found, although there is a belief that she is dead.

He could stay in Cambodia for a long time. That is what has happened in the case of James Guido Eglitis, wanted in Australia for kidnap and posing as police.
Although Corner did return to Spain last January on the advice of a lawyer – he did not attend a pre-arranged meeting with police and instead fled again the following day. He may only have travelled back to ‘realise some assets’.

Lisa's family are banking on the fact that Corner might run out of cash.

Corner also used the names Dean Woods, and Dean Tripp[/u]

He may be presumed innocent, but he is definitely on the run and there is a warrant out for his arrest.
And btw, does anyone know who you should call if you see him in Cambodia ? The British Embassy ? Surely not the local cops ? Not sure what the procedure is...
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Contact whomever is offering the reward.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic