False Rape Accusations by locals.

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: False Rape Accusations by locals.

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Duncan wrote:
Anchor Moy wrote:
TheGrinchSR wrote:
Element5225 wrote:I was researching scams in Cambodia and one of the scams that stuck out was how women can be working with a gang of men to prey on lone male tourists. She'll look like she has money, form a relationship with the unsuspecting man, and then her "brother" as well as other guys will show up with her shedding crocodile tears and accuse you of rape in order to extort money from you. Has anyone experienced this? Whats the best way to have fun and not face this? Here is a link to the story,

http://madmonkeyhostels.com/?h2o_backpa ... an-islands
Your research has led you down a dark alley into "someone else's fantasy". It doesn't happen. If you believed in every scam report out of SE Asia - you'd expect to be stripped naked on the tarmac as you got off the first flight in, be urinated on, spend 20 years in jail with a transsexual called Harold as your bed mate and "mommy" and then be expelled into the West again. That doesn't happen either.
Lol. Fantasies destroyed. :facepalm:

Damm, please tell me it can happen, as I need some more excitement in my life.
does this help?
Spoiler:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
kiwiincambodia wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
kiwiincambodia wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:no one ever hears about this scam because once the guy hands over the money to the "brothers" he is brutally murdered and thrown into the Tonle Sap and goes unreported... stay safe brother
So that's what happened to Little Jimmy, I wondered where he went!!

:stir:
Little Jimmy was found....
Dude, NO......

Dont cry mate, Jimmy always said you looked like a deformed Pony whenever you cry
Well Jimmy was a liar, I'm glad he got what was coming to him.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

kiwiincambodia wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
kiwiincambodia wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
kiwiincambodia wrote:
So that's what happened to Little Jimmy, I wondered where he went!!

:stir:
Dude, NO......

Dont cry mate, Jimmy always said you looked like a deformed Pony whenever you cry
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: RE: Re: False Rape Accusations by locals.

Post by General Mackevili »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
does this help?
Spoiler:
[img]http://i64.tinypic.com/4pz0h.gif[/img]
Yes, it does. I can now forgive you for posting such a gory pic on a topic about Cambodian scams.

I will join the chorus and say that I have also never heard of that either.

I'm sure something like that has probably happened in every county the world over, but I've never heard of that being a thang" in Cambodia.

That said, if you pick up girls in Pontoon, anything could happen, I guess. Image
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Post by juansweetpotato »

I have known this to happen to a person I knew. Not exactly like the example of the OP but still a false rape allegation brought about by a Khmer bar assistant against her boss so that she could get the papers for the motorbike she stole off him. She , like most Cambodians, had her own family policeman. At least that is the story he told me and I can mostly believe it. One never knows after all unless you know and trust the person relating the events.

If I said the guy's name everyone in SNVL would know him as he owned a fairly well known bar a few years ago.
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Can we put a warning on this :please: I just spat my cheese sandwich all over my computer. :ROFL:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
kiwiincambodia wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
kiwiincambodia wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Dude, NO......

Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

juansweetpotato wrote:I have known this to happen to a person I knew. Not exactly like the example of the OP but still a false rape allegation brought about by a Khmer bar assistant against her boss so that she could get the papers for the motorbike she stole off him. She , like most Cambodians, had her own family policeman. At least that is the story he told me and I can mostly believe it. One never knows after all unless you know and trust the person relating the events.

If I said the guy's name everyone in SNVL would know him as he owned a fairly well known bar a few years ago.

From memory, did not something like that happen to the guy who owned the Slippery Sam's Bar [ street 102 ] about 10 years ago.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Post by juansweetpotato »

Duncan wrote:
juansweetpotato wrote:I have known this to happen to a person I knew. Not exactly like the example of the OP but still a false rape allegation brought about by a Khmer bar assistant against her boss so that she could get the papers for the motorbike she stole off him. She , like most Cambodians, had her own family policeman. At least that is the story he told me and I can mostly believe it. One never knows after all unless you know and trust the person relating the events.

From memory, did not something like that happen to the guy who owned the Slippery Sam's Bar [ street 102 ] about 10 years ago.
Nope this was only 2 years ago. It must be another one your thinking of. So, that's 2 then.
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
ot mien kampf
Expatriate

Post by ot mien kampf »

I like how all these scam topics are like...

OP: Hey here's an elaborate scam...

Poster 1: No, this never happens you fucking paranoid weirdo

Poster 2: I know someone this happened too

Suffice to say, you're unlikely to encounter it, but every scam in the world has been pulled at least once in Cambodia.
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Spoiler:
thanks jamie, good fapping material :bow:
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic