Learn Khmer in Sihanoukville with Other Foreigners, Daily Class at 1PM Monday-Friday, $30 a Month (Beginner Level)

Have questions or resources regarding Khmer Culture? This forum is all about the Kingdom of Cambodia's culture. Khmer language, Cambodian weddings, French influence, Cambodian architecture, Cambodian politics, Khmer customs, etc? This is the place. Living in Cambodia can cause you to experience a whole new level of culture shock, so feel free to talk about all things related to the Khmer people, and their traditions. And if you want something in Khmer script translated into English, you will probably find what you need.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Learn Khmer in Sihanoukville with Other Foreigners, Daily Class at 1PM Monday-Friday, $30 a Month (Beginner Level)

Post by General Mackevili »

From the Expats and Locals Living in Sihanoukville Facebook Group:

"Any expats here in Snooky want to learn to speak cambodian we could do with a couple more people, its $30 a month, an hour a day every week day at 1pm - for beginners but if you already speak abit thats fine! cheers contact me or Hoeung Bunly Thanks"

"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Re: Learn Khmer in Sihanoukville with Other Foreigners, Daily Class at 1PM Monday-Friday, $30 a Month (Beginner Level)

Post by SinnSisamouth »

I dont want to learn khmer from a barang
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: Learn Khmer in Sihanoukville with Other Foreigners, Daily Class at 1PM Monday-Friday, $30 a Month (Beginner Level)

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

SinnSisamouth wrote:I dont want to learn khmer from a barang
hes not the teacher, they learn in a group and im guessing they need more people in the group/class, i pay $70 for private at don bosco school, my friend and his mate go to the same place but split the price
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

oh ok.

is there any nakedness occurring?
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

I know someone in the class, it's really good :) $30 for the month isn't bad.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

Do they learn speaking or both writing ?
កុំស្លាប់ដូចពស់ កុំរស់ដូចកង្កែប
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

im advancing so quick with my private lessons that im getting to the stage now where i wish i could read khmer to help with pronunciations of some words that basically sound identical to the English ear, but my teacher is really good with that and really focuses on my pronunciation
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: RE: Re: Learn Khmer in Sihanoukville with Other Foreigners, Daily Class at 1PM Monday-Friday, $30 a Month (Beginner

Post by General Mackevili »

rozzieoz wrote:I know someone in the class, it's really good :) $30 for the month isn't bad.
You joining them?

Or did anyone else join the group? Sounds like a good deal.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

There's a couple from the group that go, I've been thinking about it
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
walkjivefly
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: RE: Re: Learn Khmer in Sihanoukville with Other Foreigners, Daily Class at 1PM Monday-Friday, $30 a Month (Beginner

Post by walkjivefly »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:im advancing so quick with my private lessons that im getting to the stage now where i wish i could read khmer to help with pronunciations of some words that basically sound identical to the English ear, but my teacher is really good with that and really focuses on my pronunciation
Nice to hear someone is doing well learning the lingo. Are you paying $70 per month and how much time do you get for that? I was learning with a personal tutor in PP for $3 per hour if he came 3 times a week, $2 per hour if he came every day. I was trying to learn the alphabet and be able to read the language to help with pronunciations and avoid the ambiguities of transliteration. Like you I struggled with identical sounding vowels, and gave up.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic