In which Phnom Penh pharmacy can I score strong painkillers?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
asp
Expatriate

In which Phnom Penh pharmacy can I score strong painkillers?

Post by asp »

Just had a Moto accident and some rib connecting cartilage was broken. Since I am old this will take some time, if ever. I was thinking of Vicodin, but I am open to suggestions from others that have been similarly inflicted.

Please give me as accurate location and name of the pharmacy if possible. All the meds they offer In Kampong Cham are too weak to be effective.
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: In which PP pharmacy can I score strong painkillers?

Post by cptrelentless »

You should be able to get 100mg tramadol in most pharmacies, I got asked 50 or 100 when I last went, no qualms. That's what my mate took after his traffic accident. Beware opiates are addictive.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

watch out for OD.
vicodin in every pharmacy, tramadol too.
even in the provinces.
morphine sulfate evrywhere too.
bkktrapper
Expatriate

Post by bkktrapper »

frank lee bent wrote:watch out for OD.
vicodin in every pharmacy, tramadol too.
even in the provinces.
morphine sulfate evrywhere too.
Di-codin is available in the form of a little red pill.

Lovely little things in moderation .
ceiling cat is watching you masterbate
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

some tuk tuk drivers were offering me opium earlier down near 136, that might help
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
TheGrinchSR
Expatriate

Post by TheGrinchSR »

I'd steer clear of Tramadol - if it does get more-ish and it quite often does; it can lead to severe seizures. Better to hit up the paracetamol and codeine, which is less likely to leave you with a habit (mainly because paracetamol overdoses are really unpleasant so you won't take enough for it to become habit forming).

You might also want to consider the "herbal" options available from most happy pizza joints which are a.) more fun and b.) 100% guaranteed not to turn you into an addict.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:some tuk tuk drivers were offering me opium earlier down near 136, that might help
i seriously doubt that is was real. very very seldom see O anymore anywhere is se asia

just go in to the Rx's around the central market, tell them what happened and ask for what they can give you.
Always found them very helpful and Never met a bad guy ( or lady) there
I used Tramadol when i busted my collarbone ( in fact thats what the prescribed for me here in Thailand)
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
asp
Expatriate

Post by asp »

First, I had a couple of posts that didn't make it to my OP last night. Maybe they conflicted with other contributions. So, I'll take this chance now to offer my thanks for both your advice and reasonable concerns. I do not feel there's any danger of addiction since I am only interested in finding a narcotic which will relieve me of debilitating pain, not all pain which is an important clue to the bodies healing progress. In short I will take them only for a short duration and then intermittently. If no progress in pain relief occurs I will abandon them for another approach.
For me pot and hash are out of the question; I consider them more recreational than medicinal. Then there is for me more risk if I'm buying drugs from a totally uninformed tuk tuk driver than a partially uninformed and undereducated pharmacist. I've still got a fee more days of pain before I reach PP, but I've pretty much ruled out tramadol.
bkktrapper
Expatriate

Post by bkktrapper »

asp wrote:First, I had a couple of posts that didn't make it to my OP last night. Maybe they conflicted with other contributions. So, I'll take this chance now to offer my thanks for both your advice and reasonable concerns. I do not feel there's any danger of addiction since I am only interested in finding a narcotic which will relieve me of debilitating pain, not all pain which is an important clue to the bodies healing progress. In short I will take them only for a short duration and then intermittently. If no progress in pain relief occurs I will abandon them for another approach.
For me pot and hash are out of the question; I consider them more recreational than medicinal. Then there is for me more risk if I'm buying drugs from a totally uninformed tuk tuk driver than a partially uninformed and undereducated pharmacist. I've still got a fee more days of pain before I reach PP, but I've pretty much ruled out tramadol.

Goto calmete pharmacy and tell the staff you condition they will give you good meds .

ceiling cat is watching you masterbate
Fourkinnel
Expatriate
Tonga

Post by Fourkinnel »

FWIW I use Voltaren http://www.voltarengel.com/consumer/default.aspx for kidney stones (pass them, can take days sometimes before piss them out) Stonger than Ibuprofen. bought some here!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic