Real music

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Real music

Post by Hotdigr »

Paul Kantner's death today has had me going through heaps of old school music. What the fuk HAPPENED to musicians? You know, singers that could SING, musicians who could PLAY real INSTRUMENTS, song writers who could WRITE.
Anyway, amongst others I came across tonight, this one really hit me. Fuk what a voice Long John had! And Kath wasn't too fukn bad either!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5Bwq6-qi8o,

Am I just getting old, or what? C'mon, give us some of your favourites and lets see!
And BUD, you aren't included in this, I'm talking about real people singing and playing real instruments. No computer generated/enhanced shit!
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Re: Real music

Post by SinnSisamouth »

adele
sam smith
pharell williams
josh groban
foo fighters
bloc party
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Some Randoms...

:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
bkktrapper
Expatriate

Post by bkktrapper »

SinnSisamouth wrote:adele
sam smith
pharell williams
josh groban
foo fighters
bloc party

Srey Leak and Srey Thy are my new 2 favourites since a thread on here bumped there voices back into my head.
ceiling cat is watching you masterbate
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

^ thats me that is
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
BUD
Expatriate
China

Post by BUD »

Hey HotDigr, stop trolling me! I know there's still a market for "old peoples music", it is the new Elevator/Mental Asylum music (only kidding of course). I'm old myself and still love the classics. I just love "new" music as well (you know, anything after the 80's)
PS Jamie, you certainly have an eclectic taste in music. Same as me. Different music for different moods!
I miss SinnSisamouth and Sailorman. But my aim is getting better!
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

SinnSisamouth wrote:^ thats me that is
threw it in espesh for you bro :good:

naa i love all the old songs, this one being one of my favourites, really nice song yet with very sad lyrics
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

BUD wrote:Hey HotDigr, stop trolling me! I know there's still a market for "old peoples music", it is the new Elevator/Mental Asylum music (only kidding of course). I'm old myself and still love the classics. I just love "new" music as well (you know, anything after the 80's)
PS Jamie, you certainly have an eclectic taste in music. Same as me. Different music for different moods!

i'm all about my music mate its my life, id probably rather be blind than deaf lol yeah and definitely something for every mood
TheGrinchSR
Expatriate

Post by TheGrinchSR »

There are tons of musicians turning out great rock, hard rock and metal. It's just the days of the international superstar are fading - people, with the ease of access to the internet, have the ability to be much more specific about what they listen to now. Stadium rock is probably dead but smaller, intimate venue rock is very much alive.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic