Introduce Yourself

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
BlueLizard
Tourist

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by BlueLizard »

Hello

I just want to briefly introduce myself.

I am Allan, Deaf American expat, running a hostel named Blue Lizard Backpacker Hostel in Siem Reap. Hostel was only a little more than 1 year old.
I enjoy reading CEO news and posts as it helped me a lot to know more about Cambodia better!

Anyone interesting to volunteer work for a free stay, please do inbox me. I am currently member as a workaway.info host, but many time, volunteers come to work for only a week or two. I like long term solution.

My hostel is only 12 minutes of walk from Pub Street in Wat Damnak area

Regards

Allan :beer3:
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Welcome Allan,

It would be interesting to hear your insights into living in Cambodia being deaf, I can't imagine there is the same facilities here as there would be back home. Have you found anything to be extremely difficult in dealing with here that would not be any issue at all at home?

Sorry if you feel these questions as an intrusion and would rather not discuss it.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

BlueLizard wrote:Hello

I am Allan, Deaf American expat, running a hostel named Blue Lizard Backpacker Hostel in Siem Reap. Hostel was only a little more than 1 year old.
I enjoy reading CEO news and posts as it helped me a lot to know more about Cambodia better!

Anyone interesting to volunteer work for a free stay, please do inbox me. I am currently member as a workaway.info host, but many time, volunteers come to work for only a week or two. I like long term solution.

Regards

Hi Allan,

This guy was looking for work just recently. You could try contacting him.
jadeface wrote:Can anyone give me an idea on finding work in Cambodia ? I have experience managing a couple of guest houses that eventually got sold. I also have EMR training completed in Canada. Any help would be appreciated, I love Cambodia, what else can I say ? I have spent 2 of the last six years in Phnom Penh, Kep, Kampot and Sihanoukville. I just want to make enough to live but I can be a valuable asset to someones business or guest house. My EMR training can be used to help guests or fellow employees, as well as any Khmer who needs help. Best Regards, I hope this question is not outside the rules. Peace, Rob Wilson [email protected]
https://cambodiaexpatsonline.com/ask-the ... 12032.html
Brettstuff
Tourist

Post by Brettstuff »

Hi all,

Hope you are well. I'm an English bloke heading to sihanoukville on the 24th December to the new year. Could you advise me on any celebrations/parties/raves that will be going on around these dates.

Thanking in advance.
Cheers,
Brett
Raybull
Expatriate

Post by Raybull »

The a huge sea festival on from the 23-25th, so it might be worth checking room availability if you haven't done so already! For all the other stuff just join the sihanoukville facebook groups. Enjoy!
If you're in PP right now, maybe get a hold of Jamie Lambo and he can show you around before then.
Brettstuff
Tourist

Post by Brettstuff »

Hi Ray,

Thanks for the reply.!
I'm in siem reap at the moment and do have a few nights already booked in sihanoukville.
I'm just debating whether to stay till the new year. Do you know of any big parties happening in or around sihanoukville
Brettstuff
Tourist

Post by Brettstuff »

Oops!
I'd like to book accommodation now if there is something going on for nye.or maybe something on one of the islands
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: RE: Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by General Mackevili »

BlueLizard wrote:Hello

Regards

Glad you signed up, and welcome (oh, just realized you signed up ages ago).

It must be a blessing to be deaf when your Cambodian neighbours get married or have funerals.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: RE: Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by General Mackevili »

Brettstuff wrote:Hi all,

Hope you are well. I'm an English bloke heading to sihanoukville on the 24th December to the new year. Could you advise me on any celebrations/parties/raves that will be going on around these dates.

Thanking in advance.
Cheers,
Brett
Wow, your timing couldn't be better.
Raybull wrote:The a huge sea festival on from the 23-25th, so it might be worth checking room availability if you haven't done so already! For all the other stuff just join the sihanoukville facebook groups. Enjoy!
If you're in PP right now, maybe get a hold of Jamie Lambo and he can show you around before then.
https://cambodiaexpatsonline.com/newswor ... ml#p153800
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
luvcambo
Tourist

Post by luvcambo »

Hi everyone one!

Excited to find this board! I'm heading back to Cambodia after being away like 5 years.

Looking forward for a read around here!!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic