Gisle Reikvam from Norway Arrested at Wat Phnom for Smashing ABA ATM in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Re: Gisle Reikvam from Norway Arrested at Wat Phnom for Smashing ABA ATM in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by StroppyChops »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Fri May 12, 2017 4:51 pm think hes pregnant too looking at the test, could be the cause of his anger, the thought of the struggle being a single father probably troubled him
:bow:
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Gisle Reikvam from Norway Arrested at Wat Phnom for Smashing ABA ATM in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by General Mackevili »

Anchor Moy wrote:
Not ready with the pitchforks yet :mob: Just wondering. ATM-smashing seems to be the latest trend in the "foreigners behaving badly" series. Remember the good old days when foreigners getting naked was all the rage ? Nostalgia. :Bravo:
I miss those days. ATM attacks are so lame.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Totally lame reporting on this from the PPP:
Man has no money, no honey and no patience
Fri, 12 May 2017
Touch Sokha
One man was short of funds and showed an equally short temper in the capital’s Daun Penh district when he took his rage out on an ATM and was arrested yesterday.

Unable to withdraw money, the man began destroying the machine and its booth until nearby people called on cops to intervene.

Police came and took the man to the station to answer for his damage to the dollar dispenser.

post news
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

^ That was worse than our Google Translate version this time!
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

OMFG. This guy wouldn't even pass muster in Pattaya. You Cambo guys get all the fun. ;-)
jaynewcastle
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by jaynewcastle »

Cambodia seems to attract a lot of low-lifes to be fair
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

jaynewcastle wrote: Sat May 13, 2017 2:10 am Cambodia seems to attract a lot of low-lifes to be fair
its the only reason why i fit in so well lol
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

I had a friend who went off the rails in London just over 20 years ago. He was getting messed up on all sorts and I was a bit concerned driving around to the cash point. Anyway, he stuck some wrong card in once or twice and then by the time the last one worked he was in a rage. So he started going nuts but the money had just spilled out on the ground. I picked up some and tried to explain what was happening but then he was banging the keyboard and causing a scene and I got the fuck out of there before the old bill turned up. He crashed into a cop on the way back to his home and got into a chase and wrecked his car and went to jail. He got out but is long dead by now. The attacking the ATM thing was what reminded me, when he couldn't even see hundreds of pounds spilling out and kept punching the inanimate object. :?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
MarkRobinson
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by MarkRobinson »

:dragonchase: " G " was a founding member of the Jun Jun berserkers. (2017 ).He has now been replaced with several fellow Scandinavian rowdies.
"The Truth ,The whole truth " & nothing but the T R U T H ,Galbelly for the Defense.🍇
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic