is SR expats page full of idiots?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: is SR expats page full of idiots?

Post by kiwiincambodia »

hanno wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:27 am
kiwiincambodia wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:20 am It's nice to see Hanno and Trapper finally getting on.

Were just one big happy family over here on CEO
Well, where the pineapple is right, he is right.

Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Trinitysmackstain wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:57 am They are all gluten free, yoga freak ,manbun hipster ,vegetarian, vegan,feminists types with white saviour complex saving street dogs and cats for a warm fuzzy feeling.

:suicide:
thats the trouble with this generation, i would say it is a certain generation or type of person but the facebook/twitter/snapchat disease has taken over many generations, to the point where my brothers 1-2 year old son can work an iPad better than me, although he doesnt have a manbun yet
the only social media platform i use is Facebook, but its mainly for scrolling through my newsfeed when im bored, i seldom actually post anything, probs once every 2 weeks ill upload a picture to let my family know im still alive and doing something interesting,
my mum sometimes messages me and every now and again ill get back to her with a random thumbs up

tbh its one of the main reasons i like being out here, it might be getting bad here, but back in England, its fucking hell, beyond hope or repair
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Trinitysmackstain
Expatriate

Post by Trinitysmackstain »

I
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:07 am
Trinitysmackstain wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:57 am They are all gluten free, yoga freak ,manbun hipster ,vegetarian, vegan,feminists types with white saviour complex saving street dogs and cats for a warm fuzzy feeling.

thats the trouble with this generation, i would say it is a certain generation or type of person but the facebook/twitter/snapchat disease has taken over many generations, to the point where my brothers 1-2 year old son can work an iPad better than me, although he doesnt have a manbun yet
the only social media platform i use is Facebook, but its mainly for scrolling through my newsfeed when im bored, i seldom actually post anything, probs once every 2 weeks ill upload a picture to let my family know im still alive and doing something interesting,
my mum sometimes messages me and every now and again ill get back to her with a random thumbs up

tbh its one of the main reasons i like being out here, it might be getting bad here, but back in England, its fucking hell, beyond hope or repair
Funny how western women of the "Eat pray love" stereotype have invaded KoW.
Raybull
Expatriate

Post by Raybull »

hanno wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:05 am
Trinitysmackstain wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:57 am How do these new age expats survive without FB....

They need someone to hold there hand on the tiniest things like getting a tuk tuk or where to find the market.

Damn just walk down the street and its all infront of you ....

Or are they just attention whores who can find google search.
Just fcuking clueless....
Pretty much all of the Expat FB groups in KH pages are full of tourists and short-termers nowadays. 99.9% of the questions could be answered with a quick search.
Raybull
Expatriate

Post by Raybull »

Well if you're ever on the coast, don't forget to visit the epicentre.
https://www.facebook.com/daooflife/
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Raybull wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:44 pm
Trinitysmackstain wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:57 am How do these new age expats survive without FB....

They need someone to hold there hand on the tiniest things like getting a tuk tuk or where to find the market.

Pretty much all of the Expat FB groups in KH pages are full of tourists and short-termers nowadays. 99.9% of the questions could be answered with a quick search.
yup before i came out to asia i pretty much spent weeks asking google questions and 99.9 times out of 10 someone had already asked the same question on Tripadvisor/Thaivisa/K440, and you just read the answers there, why so many people want to be special snowflakes and want their own threads/comments about such an easy/simple/common question baffles me, some peoples questions can be legit and/or might be out of date,
but posts like this which happened today from the "Employment in Sihanoukville" FB group:
Hello ... how can I extend visa past 30 days in cambodia. I am now in PhnomPenh and have Canadian passport. Also, what should I expect to pay? Does anyone have recent experience?
Thank you..
:facepalm:
Raybull
Expatriate

Post by Raybull »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:53 pm

yup before i came out to asia i pretty much spent weeks asking google questions and 99.9 times out of 10 someone had already asked the same question on Tripadvisor/Thaivisa/K440, and you just read the answers there, why so many people want to be special snowflakes and want their own threads/comments about such an easy/simple/common question baffles me, some peoples questions can be legit and/or might be out of date,
but posts like this which happened today from the "Employment in Sihanoukville" FB group:
Hello ... how can I extend visa past 30 days in cambodia. I am now in PhnomPenh and have Canadian passport. Also, what should I expect to pay? Does anyone have recent experience?
Thank you..
Well when you can't even find an appropriately titled group to ask a question, there's not much hope for some!
Trinitysmackstain
Expatriate

Post by Trinitysmackstain »

How about the hippy chick wanting to buy a second hand mop and bucket on SR expats page.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Raybull wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:10 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:53 pm

Thank you..
Well when you can't even find an appropriately titled group to ask a question, there's not much hope for some!
his visa is only a tourist visa as well so wont even be able to work so fuck knows why hes in the employment in sihanoukville group

one of the suggest answers to his question was "Just go back to the Airport to extend your visa" :facepalm:
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Trinitysmackstain wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:18 pm How about the hippy chick wanting to buy a second hand mop and bucket on SR expats page.

And for every buyer, there is a seller.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic