independent travel has become too hip

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Trinitysmackstain
Expatriate

independent travel has become too hip

Post by Trinitysmackstain »

Yes thats right im staying home from now on .

To many coolkids, hipster travelers and privelidged idiots from the west who prove time and time again the last people i want to be near and for some reason KoW and SEA has attracted them by the thousands just recently.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: independent travel has become too hip

Post by phuketrichard »

i doubt anyone will cry or care :stir:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

I hear that Discovery Channel is good. :plus1:
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Trinitysmackstain wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:58 am Yes thats right im staying home from now on .

To many coolkids, hipster travelers and privelidged idiots from the west who prove time and time again the last people i want to be near and for some reason KoW and SEA has attracted them by the thousands just recently.

Yep,, great idea. But to make your life exciting while at home,, take a trip to
Spoiler:
the toilet
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Trinitysmackstain
Expatriate

Post by Trinitysmackstain »

Duncan wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:39 am
Trinitysmackstain wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:58 am Yes thats right im staying home from now on .

I have the option for a Working holiday to japan whoch i may or may not take but i just dont wanna deal with expat heirachys and digi nomad douche canoes thats all.

Yep,, great idea. But to make your life exciting while at home,, take a trip to
Spoiler:
the toilet
LionsLeftTesticle
Expatriate
San Marino

Post by LionsLeftTesticle »

I think you should stay at home it's probably for the best.

Whiners don't make the best travelers.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

I'm quite happy staying home. I haven't been out of Phnom Penh for over two years and haven't been out of Cambodia for over five years. To be honest I never seem to run into "undesirables" of any description. The only gripe about staying home in Phnom Penh is the worsening state of the traffic.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Kuroneko wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:01 pm I'm quite happy staying home. I haven't been out of Phnom Penh for over two years and haven't been out of Cambodia for over five years. To be honest I never seem to run into "undesirables" of any description. The only gripe about staying home in Phnom Penh is the worsening state of the traffic.
wow;
to me one of the draws of living in SE Asia is the amount of great places within a 3 +hour flights (from Phuket)
Bali, Nepal, India, Burma, Laos, Singapore, Kumming China

I have not stayed in thailand more than 5 months at a time
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

Yes thats right im staying home from now on .

you forgot the feminazis and expat hypocrites
LionsLeftTesticle
Expatriate
San Marino

Post by LionsLeftTesticle »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:03 pm wow;
to me one of the draws of living in SE Asia is the amount of great places within a 3 +hour flights (from Phuket)
Burma, Burma, Burma, Burma, Burma, Burma, Yangon Burma.

I have not stayed in thailand more than 5 months at a time
:stir:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic