Recommend Otres eating ?

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Recommend Otres eating ?

Post by Anchor Moy »

Any recommendations for a shack on the beach that serves decent food and draft beer on Otres 2 ? Nothing fancy, prefer smiling staff.
Place I used to go to has changed - I'm looking for a new favorite. :beer3:
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: Recommend Otres eating ?

Post by cptrelentless »

O2 is all fancy places. Tamu was good, not cheap, last time I was there.
Raybull
Expatriate

Post by Raybull »

Why not just hang your hat at Otres 1 if your looking for the cheaper places.
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Post by juansweetpotato »

Secret Garden. If it's still there?
In the village, the place next to Tony's shop had excellent meals for 1-3$, beers around 50-75C. The chief was trained at Secret Garden before they decided to leave and set up their own business. Haven't been down that way for at least a couple of years, so don't know whether/ how that has changed now. If it hasn't, chill at the beach and come to the village about 5 or 6 to get your order in early.
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
Fourkinnel
Expatriate
Tonga

Post by Fourkinnel »

The Saturday market has some good food stalls , worth a visit but the toilets there are fuckin minging. Took a friend there the other week. She wanted to use the loo but it was not good in many ways. The only running water to wash your hands was the bum gun. Shame because we would have stayed longer, but because of that we went.
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

Fourkinnel wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:24 am The Saturday market has some good food stalls , worth a visit but the toilets there are fuckin minging. Took a friend there the other week. She wanted to use the loo but it was not good in many ways. The only running water to wash your hands was the bum gun. Shame because we would have stayed longer, but because of that we went.
u would I have stayed longer in the toilet?
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
one_dolla
Expatriate

Post by one_dolla »

Otres Marina is the only place to eat down there, take the first left as you approach the beach at Otres 2 along the sealed road,its on the right
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

enjoy it while u can before the high rises come in!
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Update: Ended up at Sam's Shack on Otres 2.
For those who don't know - it's the 1st place on the beach when you get to Otres2 by road, just in front of that ugly pier. It's nothing fancy, just a beach shack with lounge chairs right on the water, cold draft beer, and fresh seafood/fish dishes for $4-5 - shrimps with ginger, grilled barracuda etc. It was definitely better and food was more delicious than last year; I think the management team has changed.
It was a good spot to take some friends from out of town and just hang out for the afternoon, swim, eat and drink. Recommend if you're looking for simple and cheap.
Trinitysmackstain
Expatriate

Post by Trinitysmackstain »

Anchor Moy wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:43 pm Update: Ended up at Sam's Shack on Otres 2.
For those who don't know - it's the 1st place on the beach when you get to Otres2 by road, just in front of that ugly pier. It's nothing fancy, just a beach shack with lounge chairs right on the water, cold draft beer, and fresh seafood/fish dishes for $4-5 - shrimps with ginger, grilled barracuda etc. It was definitely better and food was more delicious than last year; I think the management team has changed.
It was a good spot to take some friends from out of town and just hang out for the afternoon, swim, eat and drink. Recommend if you're looking for simple and cheap.
Otres one .

Blame canada.
Poutine.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic