Peking duck & roast pork in Shv

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Peking duck & roast pork in Shv

Post by cptrelentless »

Name: Zhong Guo Yui Gue Qu Mei Shin
Address: Sereypheap St, Sihanoukville, 18000
Telephone: ?

Quick shill for my Chinese friends' restaurant on Sereypheap St, next door to Paris hairdressers - they are doing Peking Duck and Roasted Pork, plus other stuff. Opening night do was last night, food was pretty damned good, they have the full kit, so big industrial roasters and the works. Duck meat was very nice, tender, I believe she's importing it and not using the chewy local lumps. We had a big Tom Yung fish soup, the duck, spicy cucumber rolls, those black mushrooms I left for the wife to eat and some watermelon to finish with. Mei's the one who does the cooking, looks a bit dikey, Young-Young is the chatty host. They have another bar called You and Me further up the street which also does food. So finally some Chinese food in SHV worth eating.

EDIT - I will eventually get the name right
andy1
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: Peking duck & roast pork in Shv

Post by andy1 »

Coming from the main market,turn right onto Omui st and a short way on the right is a small stall selling Peking duck and roast pork,very tasty mmmmm
Barang_doa_slae
The Dark Horse
Cambodia

Post by Barang_doa_slae »

andy1 wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:41 am Coming from the main market,turn right onto Omui st and a short way on the right is a small stall selling Peking duck and roast pork,very tasty mmmmm
Are you sure it is peking duck and not regular lacquered duck ?
Peking duck comes with rice pancakes and a sweet sauce.
andy1
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by andy1 »

Barang_doa_slae wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:55 pm
andy1 wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:41 am Coming from the main market,turn right onto Omui st and a short way on the right is a small stall selling Peking duck and roast pork,very tasty mmmmm
Are you sure it is peking duck and not regular lacquered duck ?
Peking duck comes with rice pancakes and a sweet sauce.
Not being a great lover of fowl it could indeed be lacquered duck as did not come with rice and sauce,but it still tasted good.
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

I've not seen anyone selling selling that on Omui, when I was in the restaurant the chat was that there was one other place and it had shut recently. I have to trundle past that way twice a day to deposit and retrieve the fruit of my loins and despite veering onto the pavement and weaving back and forth when passing as I inspect anything other than the road ahead, I haven't seen any duck corpses on display. Are you sure that's still open?
andy1
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by andy1 »

cptrelentless wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:27 pm
I've not seen anyone selling selling that on Omui, when I was in the restaurant the chat was that there was one other place and it had shut recently. I have to trundle past that way twice a day to deposit and retrieve the fruit of my loins and despite veering onto the pavement and weaving back and forth when passing as I inspect anything other than the road ahead, I haven't seen any duck corpses on display. Are you sure that's still open?
Maybe it is only there in the evenings as it was dark at the time of my purchase,or hidden behind a tuk tuk as was the case when my passenger spotted it and made me stop.
Raybull
Expatriate

Post by Raybull »

Been here a couple times with some Chinese fri, and Just had a small CEO dinner here, good food, but the duck is just a Cantonese style roast and chopped duck and not Peking with acc. 20$ for a full duck and 5$ for large plates of roast pork belly, byo wine and whisky👍🏻👍🏻
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

The food is really tasty :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic