51yo French expat, Xavier Robino, found dead in Phnom Penh.

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

51yo French expat, Xavier Robino, found dead in Phnom Penh.

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

2 Feburary 2017.
51yo Xavier Antoine Michel ROBINO, DOB 30/04/1965, was found hanging in his rented room at Street 118, Phsar Chas commune, Daun Penh district, Phnom Penh. He is believed to have committed suicide. His French passport was issued by the French Embassy in Phnom Penh in 2013, and he had a 1 year visa extension issued for 2 December 2016 to 2 January 2017, marked USED, so presumably he also held a later, up-to-date Cambodian visa.

Following is a description of how the body was found, friends and relatives may prefer not to know.
Spoiler:
The deceased was reportedly found after the woman living directly underneath his apartment noticed blood drops coming from the ceiling. The state of the body indicated that he had been there for some time.
His body is being held at the Russian hospital.
Image RIP.

http://nokorwatnews.com/%E1%9E%87%E1%9E ... %E1%9E%A2/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: 51yo French expat, Xavier Robino, found dead in Phnom Penh.

Post by General Mackevili »

Another one. RIP.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Blood drops from the ceiling?! I wonder what type of ceiling it was, surely be not the typical concrete ones... RIP
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
ladymorpheus
Tourist

Post by ladymorpheus »

Xavier is/was one of my best friends... Intelligent, goodhearted, caring, fragile, complex, funny, honest,... It breaks my heart to read that he has been in that room for a while before anybody noticed it. Nobody seems to have missed him. Thought about him...
He leaves such a big whole in the heart of so many people... I don't want people to think he was a lowlife... He wasn't... His heart was bigger than the one of most people I know... But he had it's demons... And he fought against them already all his life... I'm afraid he has lost the battle for good...RIP my amazing friend... Will miss you for the rest of my life!!!
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

ladymorpheus wrote:Xavier is/was one of my best friends...
Sorry for your loss. A lot of people struggle in life and we cannot always be there, and even if we can, it's sometimes still not enough. RIP.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

So sorry for your loss :( he sounds like a good guy. RIP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Xavier, your friends miss you. Your FB funeral : R.I.P. Xavier Robino aka Abu le Fou
Internet news spreads slowly sometimes, and its a tough way to find out that a friend has died. Sorry for your loss, Xavier's friends.
This was posted yesterday:

Xavier, my friend, you quit this life. Just like that. Leaving no trace.

Last Saturday I stumbled on this horror post: "51yo French expat, Xavier Robino, found dead in Phnom Penh." : http://www.koonkhmer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3033

I wanted to send you a message on FB messenger but couldn't find your profile any longer. How could that be ??!!??
Last time we messaged each other was in October, that's like yesterday. You were telling me that you were about to fly back "home" to Phnom Penh. Damn you Abu le fou...

Xavier the anarchist, the cinephile, the dive master, the wanderer, roaming the under world , battling demons, mocking the establishment, walking on the wild side

You would have certainly hated this but F*ck you X !

This is your FB Funeral

So all of us, your people, who laughed with you, learned from you, shared life crumbs with you, argued with you, loved you, hated you, cared for you, dived with you , smoked, drank, cooked, got stoned with you , ... can honour your memory

Share with anyone who knew Xavier . Post photos, stories, thoughts.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/716313235160520
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

fb funeral!?

what is "some time"? weeks, months?

rip anyway frenchy dude
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

RIP

I assume some time is a few hours/days, after that the smell would be very noticeable.

Sad.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

ladymorpheus wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:47 pm
... he has been in that room for a while before anybody noticed it. Nobody seems to have missed him.
Many of us will share this fate, sadly.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic