Official guide to being a tight arse in Siem Reap

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
prettyvacant
Expatriate

Re: Official guide to being a tight arse in SR

Post by prettyvacant »

phrammoianchor wrote: This mozzarella is slightly more affordable at 18 $ for 2.5 kilos.
Where do you get it at that price?
Is it made in Denmark?
Just curious really.
phrammoianchor
Expatriate

Post by phrammoianchor »

prettyvacant wrote:
phrammoianchor wrote: This mozzarella is slightly more affordable at 18 $ for 2.5 kilos.
Where do you get it at that price?
Is it made in Denmark?
Just curious really.
I dunno where its made but they sell it at thai hout
prettyvacant
Expatriate

Post by prettyvacant »

phrammoianchor wrote: I dunno where its made but they sell it at thai hout

Thanks. I assumed Denmark cause it looks like the Arla brand.

The price is not half bad. Just double compared to heavily subsidised EU. Flying that stuff here in refrigeration is probably the explanation for the surcharge.
Raybull
Expatriate

Post by Raybull »

phrammoianchor wrote:Remember people western goods are best bought in bulk, 48 bucks for a big block of cheese is not out of the norm.
There's a lot of more savings to be made buying direct from the distributors, whether bulk or not, for all imports. Wine, cheese, meats, etc. pretty much everything other than bread really. You'd have to invest in a decent fridge though.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

one thing sorta expensive here in phuket is cheese,
I pay an average of 160 baht/2oo grms ($23 for 1 kilo); jack, edam, gouda, swiss, cheddar all the soft cheeses are available as well
u can get it cheaper if u buy in bulk.
its a vice of mine so i dont mind
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Raybull
Expatriate

Post by Raybull »

^will they ever drop the 'luxury' wine tax? And if they could drop the retirement visa to 35 YO too, don't care if they need a couple mil in the bank, I'll be packing my bags soon. C'mon make it happen PR!
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

u can always get the 5 years multi entry visa with the elite card which includes 2 free medical check ups, limo airport pickup, discount golf fees etc etc
its ONLY 500,000 baht LOL

OR just find a nice lady to hava a kid with,no need to marry her :plus1:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Raybull
Expatriate

Post by Raybull »

I go back home 2-3 months every year, so the Elite card is unnecessary, but I'll seriously look into the new multiple entry visa this summer if it's available subsequent years. Doing runs every 3 months to Burma from Chiang Mai used to be a breeze, and a good time to bring back some cheap whisky.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Cambodia: Traveling for 20 Dollars a Day

splumlee
Tourist
United States of America

Post by splumlee »

What does a winner look like? I have a loser, but i have others that don't look like this loser, but i asked a khmer person and they said, 1 for 500 riel or something, is what i won...

??
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic