Sihanoukville bars with tourist females ?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Sihanoukville bars with tourist females ?

Post by BklynBoy »

Seasquatch wrote:
Seasquatch wrote:
BklynBoy wrote:
Seasquatch wrote:
BklynBoy wrote:
thats great man... you sound like me..or I sound like you. I am 44 and just love it out there bro. So you don't work at all while in cambo? I would love to do that for a longer time period. I just have the summers --- more and more its just not enough for me. 2 months... I dont want to lose my apartment in brooklyn and have roommates so trying to work it out. Thanks for sharing as I am curious how others do it. Curious--- what kind of profession allows you to do that? you work on a boat or something?
I actually just emailed you as well to ask.

thanks again
Correct me if I'm wrong but I didn't think teachers in the US made that good of money or is it better than I think?

@BklynBoy, sorry if this question came off sounding a little rude, I'm usually multitasking in the mornings when I'm posting. What I mean to ask is I thought teaching was one of those jobs that doesn't pay what it should in the US(otherwise underappreciated,) you sound like you have good credentials would you take that much of a paycut teaching abroad in Asia?
haha.. no worries.. didn't take it as rude at all...I do have good credentials but teaching in Cambodia wouldn't provide me w/ a pension. Not that a pension is everything. Regarding paycut --- from info i got so far.. i can earn approx 1,700 - 2,000 per month... honestly i got an offer for $1,700 so thats my starting point..
My current position i earn approx $2,600.. so for a mont $2,600 .. Bils are higher in nyc but i have roommates to off-set that
Unsure if this is making any sense but thats where i am at for the moment-- there are raises being a nyc teacher.but thats baically starting salary
at end of the day, i am just happier in cambodia... Having said all that, I would lose on the pension if i were to move full time.. maybe its just a trade off? .. ..
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
Seasquatch
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Seasquatch »

BklynBoy wrote:
Seasquatch wrote:
Seasquatch wrote:
BklynBoy wrote:
Seasquatch wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong but I didn't think teachers in the US made that good of money or is it better than I think?

@BklynBoy, sorry if this question came off sounding a little rude, I'm usually multitasking in the mornings when I'm posting. What I mean to ask is I thought teaching was one of those jobs that doesn't pay what it should in the US(otherwise underappreciated,) you sound like you have good credentials would you take that much of a paycut teaching abroad in Asia?
haha.. no worries.. didn't take it as rude at all...I do have good credentials but teaching in Cambodia wouldn't provide me w/ a pension. Not that a pension is everything. Regarding paycut --- from info i got so far.. i can earn approx 1,700 - 2,000 per month... honestly i got an offer for $1,700 so thats my starting point..
My current position i earn approx $2,600.. so for a mont $2,600 .. Bils are higher in nyc but i have roommates to off-set that
Unsure if this is making any sense but thats where i am at for the moment-- there are raises being a nyc teacher.but thats baically starting salary
at end of the day, i am just happier in cambodia... Having said all that, I would lose on the pension if i were to move full time.. maybe its just a trade off? .. ..
Thanks it makes perfect sense. Brooklyn school system? I'm getting flashbacks of Welcome Back Kotter :D Not sure how your pension works but if you have 401k you could roll it over to an IRA. For myself teaching abroad is out of the question unless it was scuba diving which would probably only pay my day to day expenses , then I'm not sure at this point of my age I want to turn my hobby into my job, still an option and a good way to live in Fiji :D
------
aka Yankee Gringo Gaijin aka Seppy Yank
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

Seasquatch wrote:
BklynBoy wrote:
Seasquatch wrote:
Seasquatch wrote:
BklynBoy wrote:

Thanks it makes perfect sense. Brooklyn school system? I'm getting flashbacks of Welcome Back Kotter :D Not sure how your pension works but if you have 401k you could roll it over to an IRA. For myself teaching abroad is out of the question unless it was scuba diving which would probably only pay my day to day expenses , then I'm not sure at this point of my age I want to turn my hobby into my job, still an option and a good way to live in Fiji :D

haha thats funny.... its nyc public school system.. but yes, i am in brooklyn..my dad actually resembles Gabe Kaplan..... i cant touch my pension for awhile...i was just thinking long term... i am still unsure what i will end up doing..but i do know my ass will be leaving nyc on june 29th.. I am gonna purchase a round trip ticket and if i stay, i will cancel return part..... i feel like iam overthinking it.. even if i move.. and i stay in cambodia for 1-2 years.. ican still come back and teach etc.. so fuck all this.. right? on other hand its good to think things through but fuck it.. go and teach.. anyway i am starting to ramble...
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
Seasquatch
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Seasquatch »

BklynBoy wrote:
Seasquatch wrote:
BklynBoy wrote:
Seasquatch wrote:
Seasquatch wrote:

haha thats funny.... its nyc public school system.. but yes, i am in brooklyn..my dad actually resembles Gabe Kaplan..... i cant touch my pension for awhile...i was just thinking long term... i am still unsure what i will end up doing..but i do know my ass will be leaving nyc on june 29th.. I am gonna purchase a round trip ticket and if i stay, i will cancel return part..... i feel like iam overthinking it.. even if i move.. and i stay in cambodia for 1-2 years.. ican still come back and teach etc.. so fuck all this.. right? on other hand its good to think things through but fuck it.. go and teach.. anyway i am starting to ramble...
Don't think your overthinking it all, believe me when I was around 30, I was living in Quepos Costa Rica, without a care in the world, my Tico buddy and I would go over the mountain to Manuel Antonio to the hostel bar and get hot Euro girls to buy us buckets of beer, if you wanted to smoke you just had to walk down the road or beach. Cheap living and laid back life - pura vida, miss those times, but things change as you get older.
------
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

I thought this thread was about foreign women, not Jewish boys?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
phrammoianchor
Expatriate

Post by phrammoianchor »

Seasquatch wrote:
BklynBoy wrote:
Seasquatch wrote:
BklynBoy wrote:
Seasquatch wrote:

Don't think your overthinking it all, believe me when I was around 30, I was living in Quepos Costa Rica, without a care in the world, my Tico buddy and I would go over the mountain to Manuel Antonio to the hostel bar and get hot Euro girls to buy us buckets of beer, if you wanted to smoke you just had to walk down the road or beach. Cheap living and laid back life - pura vida, miss those times, but things change as you get older.
It sounds like a ball but remember the horrid never ending hangovers?
Seasquatch
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Seasquatch »

phrammoianchor wrote:
Seasquatch wrote:
BklynBoy wrote:
Seasquatch wrote:
BklynBoy wrote:

All to well but I started getting those in my 30's, not that I still don't tie one on every once in a while, but I like to think I've switched to quality over quanity :beer1:
------
Seasquatch
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Seasquatch »

John Bingham wrote:I thought this thread was about foreign women, not Jewish boys?
Come on Mr Kotter rocked that fro! :D

And hey I was just talking about hot Euro chicks(albiet in CR) so the thread has come full circle :beer3:
------
phrammoianchor
Expatriate

Post by phrammoianchor »

Seasquatch wrote:
phrammoianchor wrote:
Seasquatch wrote:
BklynBoy wrote:
Seasquatch wrote:

All to well but I started getting those in my 30's, not that I still don't tie one on every once in a while, but I like to think I've switched to quality over quanity :beer1:
No more siam sato or loa koah?
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Post by Hotdigr »

I'm thinking - "to much talk, not enough action" from all you old pricks at, like 8.30pm on a Monday night!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic