Interesting article about Phnom Penh condo market

Looking for an apartment to rent in Phnom Penh? We have you covered. This is a good starting point for expats who are in the process of moving to Cambodia to live and work. Finding a villa, condo, flat, or borey to stay in when you arrive is probably one of your top priorities. Check out our listings from the community! And if you have a house or apartment for rent, you're welcome to list it here for free. Kampot, Siem Reap, Battambang, Sihanoukville, and other provinces around Cambodia also have places to rent, but you might have better luck finding them on foot after you arrive, as the largest number of listings are in the capital city of Phnom Penh.
Sidewalker
Expatriate
Netherlands

Interesting article about Phnom Penh condo market

Post by Sidewalker »

There are people who cannot imagine that there are other ways of life than their own life. :facepalm:
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Re: Interesting article about Phnom Penh condo market

Post by bolueeleh »

only 50% correct

firstly more and more khmers are taking loans to purchase their second or third or even fourth properties, so that might trigger a bubble burst as well

secondly, chinese will pull out their investment faster than you can say pork belly if they feel the return doesnt match their expected rate of return.

cheers :beer3:
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

i think the chinese are just getting started.

uaint seen nothing yet
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

The piece is crap because it does not mention the lack of strata laws and bodies corporate. The buildings will decline in value because there is no money in a pool for maintenance and even basic ongoing costs like security, power to common areas and cleaning. With no body corporate industry and no strata laws it will be impossible to raise levies to cover ongoing costs.
These buildings will be fucked within ten years.
Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

willyhilly wrote:The piece is crap because it does not mention the lack of strata laws and bodies corporate. The buildings will decline in value because there is no money in a pool for maintenance and even basic ongoing costs like security, power to common areas and cleaning. With no body corporate industry and no strata laws it will be impossible to raise levies to cover ongoing costs.

This is my view as well.

I've inquired to a few of the ''agents'' hawking condos here in SHV as to these exact issues. Not one of them could give a credible answer. Not one of five inquires on five different projects. Three that are move in ready & two that are still under construction. Can't wait till we have time share shills here. Maybe they are happening now. IDK.
phrammoianchor
Expatriate

Post by phrammoianchor »

Luigi wrote:
willyhilly wrote:The piece is crap because it does not mention the lack of strata laws and bodies corporate. The buildings will decline in value because there is no money in a pool for maintenance and even basic ongoing costs like security, power to common areas and cleaning. With no body corporate industry and no strata laws it will be impossible to raise levies to cover ongoing costs.

This is my view as well.

I've inquired to a few of the ''agents'' hawking condos here in SHV as to these exact issues. Not one of them could give a credible answer. Not one of five inquires on five different projects. Three that are move in ready & two that are still under construction. Can't wait till we have time share shills here. Maybe they are happening now. IDK.
People are already weary about Cambodia from seeing the many expats and travelers leaving for Vietnam/Thailand/EU/OZ plus the USD getting stronger and Angkor wat wat tickets up 90 % from three days from now won't help tourism.
All this with the elections coming i would say it's a good time to sell up and make haste while you still can rather than invest(get scammed) into such a volatile market.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic