new upredictable USA will start today

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
bolueeleh
Expatriate

new upredictable USA will start today

Post by bolueeleh »

how will the trump adminstration affect lives in KOW?

less exports to US? (dont think KOW has much exports to US anyways)

more difficult to get visas to US for khmers?

less US investments to KOW? (he wants to keep as much money in the US as possible)

less US tourists to KOW?

anyway what do i know? im ignorant :D :D :D
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Barang_doa_slae
The Dark Horse
Cambodia

Re: new upredictable USA will start today

Post by Barang_doa_slae »

Tension with China might indirectly bring more of your favorite Chinese tourists ? :mrgreen:
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

Barang_doa_slae wrote:Tension with China might indirectly bring more of your favorite Chinese tourists ? :mrgreen:
chinks like to go anywhere that look exotic so they can boast to friends back home (this i know for a fact) USA is one of them, it is far, it is always in the movies, in music, in products, they worship USA (this i know for a fact too, im not that ignorant :D)
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

why would there be less US tourist to KOW?
TRADE WARS!!!!
I just want to know if Trump will continue using twitter all the time and bet he doesn't last the full 4 years
3 hours and 17 minutes till he starts.
NO MORE OBAMA CARE
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

bolueeleh wrote:
Barang_doa_slae wrote:Tension with China might indirectly bring more of your favorite Chinese tourists ? :mrgreen:
chinks like to go anywhere that look exotic so they can boast to friends back home (this i know for a fact) USA is one of them, it is far, it is always in the movies, in music, in products, they worship USA (this i know for a fact too, im not that ignorant :D)
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

恭喜发财 :D :D :D
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

bolueeleh wrote:恭喜发财 :D :D :D
謝謝你這麼多和你 :D :thumb:
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

Kuroneko wrote:
bolueeleh wrote:恭喜发财 :D :D :D
謝謝你這麼多和你 :D :thumb:
:D :D :D google translate
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

bolueeleh wrote:how will the trump adminstration affect lives in KOW?
More deportations of Khmericans to Cambodia ? Given his stance on immigrants, that wouldn't be surprising.

Even so, probably wouldn't affect things here very much, unless there's a massive increase in the number of violent criminals deported.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

trade wars are definitely a worry.
the dollarised cambodian economy is very much affected by the strength/weakness of the USD.
my bet is that the USD will go down in order to discourage imports and encourage manufacturing in USA.
this is about the only tool that can be used other than outright tariff based trade barriers which can be disastrous for everyone.
the legacy of QE is that USA has repurchased a lot of the Chinese T-bill holdings.
China has used this money in part to buy gold.
lots of strategic chess moves have been going on since 2009.
i highly doubt that USA will ever be able to produce their own clothing and footwear- cornerstones of trade.
Last edited by frank lee bent on Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic