bilingual education

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Re: bilingual education

Post by SinnSisamouth »

OKW wrote:
SinnSisamouth wrote:
OKW wrote:
taabarang wrote:bom, I read it, it has nothing to do with my query.
By the way I am multilingual but too old and too burned out to teach. Hope someone else can use this info.
at US wages they will find third world candidates, they are all multilingual, like most of the world outside of the US.
dont forget all the other "english" speaking countries,australia,nz,,uk,,ireland etc
yes, most of the commonwealth greatest achivers, monolinguists mostly. Assuming everybody should ride on the wrong side of the road and thinking that Rolls Royce is a good enginge. It actuall is the third choice out of three, and those customers are commonwealth.
wtf are u dribbling about?
are u stuck in the 30s?

when you say rolls royce enginge(sic) do u mean the ones that power the majority of aircraft?
like the one im assuming you arrived on?
(lets not mention the merlin which probably saved your ignorant skinny grandads arse)

good job

who are these
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

OKW wrote:
SinnSisamouth wrote:
OKW wrote:
By the way I am multilingual but too old and too burned out to teach. Hope someone else can use this info.
at US wages they will find third world candidates, they are all multilingual, like most of the world outside of the US.
dont forget all the other "english" speaking countries,australia,nz,,uk,,ireland etc
yes, most of the commonwealth greatest achivers, monolinguists mostly. Assuming everybody should ride on the wrong side of the road and thinking that Rolls Royce is a good enginge. It actuall is the third choice out of three, and those customers are commonwealth.
are u stuck in the 30s?

when you say rolls royce enginge(sic) do u mean the ones that power the majority of aircraft?
(lets not mention the merlin which probably saved your ignorant skinny grandads arse)

good job

who are these
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
OKW
Expatriate
Angola

Post by OKW »

taabarang wrote:"have you lived there without taking adventage of the free education provided. Last I checked, bi is multi, bi being more precise. But hey you are the native speaker, and teaching of course"

One, I no longer teach, nor have I done so for years now. Secondly when I lived there no free education was available to me. Actually I lived in Berlin and worked for a military intelligence unit that processed refugees and legally released persons. I was a Romanian, French and German linguist. I had a great job, learned a lot and improved my German tremendously. And bilingual by definition means two and only two languages. I now speak fluent although not native Cambodian so if you add English to the lot I am fluent in five languages. Not bad for a Merican.
taabarang wrote:"have you lived there without taking adventage of the free education provided. Last I checked, bi is multi, bi being more precise. But hey you are the native speaker, and teaching of course"

One, I no longer teach, nor have I done so for years now. Secondly when I lived there no free education was available to me. Actually I lived in Berlin and worked for a military intelligence unit that processed refugees and legally released persons. I was a Romanian, French and German linguist. I had a great job, learned a lot and improved my German tremendously. And bilingual by definition means two and only two languages. I now speak fluent although not native Cambodian so if you add English to the lot I am fluent in five languages. Not bad for a Merican.
yes, my point exactly. Multi does include bi, bi being more precise, as pointed out in my previous post. I took that you are no longer teaching from the wages you mentioned earlier. If real fluent in German you could have found a way to free education within the German system, Volkshochschule being one of them. Now just : "Mr. Gorbachoov tear down this wall" (last minute Kornbluhm way out for Ronald Reagan) or "I am a Berliner" won 't really do. I am open to new info, but I assume you released sufficient refugees to represent your countries objectives within Europe. How humanitarian. At least for an "Merican" you are somewhat humble and don't claim to speak 8 languages as many do over a can of beer.
OKW
Expatriate
Angola

Post by OKW »

SinnSisamouth wrote:
OKW wrote:
SinnSisamouth wrote:
OKW wrote:
are u stuck in the 30s?

good job

who are these
SinnSisamouth wrote:
OKW wrote:
SinnSisamouth wrote:
OKW wrote:
are u stuck in the 30s?

good job

who are these
dribbeling, not so sure. As for 30's, you must feel real young coming out of the fourties. Yes, most of the rollers are found on aircraft opererated within the commonwealth or its dependants. Not the majority of aircraft worldwide. You did assume wrong, I did not arrive on one of those. In fact I try to make a point not to. Anyone non biast will prefer the GE or Pratt&Whitney for their reliability. Just my experience. As you may guess, somewhat recent jetage times. You apparently did not meet my grandad. He was anything but a skinny arse and has not, and did not want to be saved by anyone but himself.
To me this is not an old womens fight, just a reflection of what I've seen so far. Something better comes along I 'll be one of the first to point it out.
OKW
Expatriate
Angola

Post by OKW »

OKW wrote:

yes, my point exactly. Multi does include bi, bi being more precise, as pointed out in my previous post. I took that you are no longer teaching from the wages you mentioned earlier. If real fluent in German you could have found a way to free education within the German system, Volkshochschule being one of them. Now just : "Mr. Gorbachoov tear down this wall" (last minute Kornbluhm way out for Ronald Reagan) or "I am a Berliner" won 't really do. I am open to new info, but I assume you released sufficient refugees to represent your countries objectives within Europe. How humanitarian. At least for an "Merican" you are somewhat humble and don't claim to speak 8 languages as many do over a can of beer.
BTW, I do not doubt you speak 5 languages including your own and consider that a good asset. As a byproduct of my travel I managed to learn 3 additional ones so far. In recent years I had to rotate in and out of Cambodia, but I like the language well enought to put some effort into it once I retire. Hopefully we will be on par then.
To counteract those claiming 8 languages fluency an old friend of mine pointed out that he did speak 5 of them. He was able to say cheers in Swiss, Austrian, Dutch, German and English. Quickly he was recognized as a language expert and celebrated by those who did not speak any of the first four mentioned.
I speak Spanish, English, German and Norweigan.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

"If real fluent in German you could have found a way to free education within the German system, "

The Germany you claim to know and the Berlin I lived in for five years appear to be quite different. I did in fact attend a Volkshochschule and while it was not free it was cheap. I did not study German since I preferred to hang out with my local friends and pick up the Hauptstadt-Dialekt by osmosis. I already had an MA in comparative literature and was tired of staid formal education.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
Barang_doa_slae
The Dark Horse
Cambodia

Post by Barang_doa_slae »

Better than that
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

yeah but are any of thee fucking fluent in Northern English, naa arya fuck, ya noggin knows naff all areet nah get ye sen settled and open thy lug'oles
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

"yeah but are any of thee fucking fluent in Northern English, naa arya fuck, ya noggin knows naff all areet nah get ye sen settled and open thy lug'oles"

Jamie, that is a speech defect, not a language.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:yeah but are any of thee fucking fluent in Northern English, naa arya fuck, ya noggin knows naff all areet nah get ye sen settled and open thy lug'oles
Coartin' in Snooky's nowt like it were in Blackburn. :D

William Baron, Aw'm Goin' A Coartin' To neet .

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic