Online health product sellers murdered in Siem Reap..

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Online health product sellers murdered in Siem Reap..

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Three people were attacked in their Siem Reap room in the early hours of 1 January 2017. Two men were found dead and a woman was taken to hospital; all three had their throats slashed with a knife. The victims were identified as Vet Ratha, 25, from Banteay Meanchey province, his friend Khuy Sokhin, 27, from Kampot province, and Mr. Sokhin’s wife, Leng Sreypov,17.

It is reported that all three victims were working for bHIP, an online sales business, and that they had spent the evening with colleagues at a staff party celebrating the New Year. They returned home before midnight.
Screams were heard at 3:30am, but nobody went to investigate until 5:30 when the victims were found and the police called.

The woman, Ms Sreypov, was severely cut on the neck and face, but is said to be conscious and able to speak. Police say they have multiple suspects but have declined to comment further. An unnamed man who shared the room with the three victims until a few days ago would naturally be among the suspects. No money or jewellery were taken from the room.

News sources: http://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/t ... ed-sr-room, https://www.cambodiadaily.com/news/two- ... ty-122816/

What is bHIP ?
Online recruitment:
bHIP is a global online sales company based in Texas USA, selling "health" products, including energy drinks, beauty products, sexual lubricant and appetite suppressors. For $49,90, you can join up and then supposedly make money from selling the company's products and recruiting new members.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Online health product sellers murdered in Siem Reap..

Post by rozzieoz »

Sounds similar to Amway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

& Herbalife among many others.

IDK if that relates to the homicides.
I once was tricked into attending an Amway meeting.
I wanted to kill them but bought some soap instead.
Bertros
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Bertros »

Sounds like.......wait for it.......'SUICIDE'....to me.

Just sayin'

(and trying to save time.)

Bertros :hattip:
A taste of the bait is worth the pain of the hook.....
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Luigi wrote:& Herbalife among many others.

Do you have an alibi ?
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Police are now hunting for the suspected killer, 23-year-old Chea Sochian, who is on the run.
Chea Sochian was a colleague of the three victims, working in Siem Reap at the same company as them for over a year. He is originally from Kampong Chnang province.
ImageImagePhotos FB
It is not said, but presumably Chea Sochian was the room-mate of the three victims who left a few days before the murder.
It is reported here on Koon Khmer that he gave the victims water laced with sleeping pills before attacking them, and that the woman survived by pretending to be dead.
Spoiler:
ជននេះជា​ឃាតករសម្លាប់មនុស្ស​ថ្ងៃឆ្លងឆ្នាំ ដែលកំពុងសំងំ​​លាក់ខ្លួន..

ខេត្តសៀមរាប ៖ សេចក្តីរាយការណ៍​ឱ្យ​ដឹងបន្តទៀត​ថា មកទល់ពេលនេះនារសៀលថ្ងៃទី០២ មករា ដដែល កម្លាំង​សមត្ថកិច្ច​បាន​សហការ​គ្នា​​​ ដើម្បី​តាម​រក​​​ឃាតករ ​​ដែល​បាន​សម្លាប់​មនុស្ស​​ប្រុស-ស្រី៣នាក់​​ក្នុង​រាត្រីឆ្លងឆ្នាំ ដែល​កំពុងតែគេចខ្លួន ​ប៉ុន្តែ​ត្រូវបាន​គេ​​ស្គាល់អត្តសញ្ញាណជន​នេះ​ហើយ តាម​រយៈគណនី​ហ្វេសប៊ុកឈ្មោះ «ភូ តឹកឡឹក» ។

គួររំលឹកថា គិតមកដល់​​រសៀលថ្ងៃទី០២ មករា នេះ​​ ស្ត្រី​​ម្នាក់​ក្នុង​ចំណោម​ជន​រង​គ្រោះ​២នាក់ ដែល​ត្រូវ​ឃាត​ករ​អារ.ក​សម្លាប់​​ក្នុង​រាត្រីឆ្លងឆ្នាំ​២០១៧នោះ បានធូរស្រាលអាច​និយាយ​បាន​ខ្លះៗហើយ ​។ បន្ទាប់ពី​ក្រុមគ្រូ​ពេទ្យ​​ខិត​ខំ​សង្គ្រោះ​យ៉ាងចិត្ត​ទុក​ដាក់បំផុត​ នៅឯ​មន្ទីរពេទ្យបង្អែក​ខេត្តសៀមរាប ហើយក៏​បាន​​ដឹង​ពី​តម្រុយ​ឃាតករ ដែលកំពុង​គេច​ខ្លួន​​ផ​ង​ដែរ ។

នារី​រងគ្រោះខាងលើ​​ឈ្មោះ​ឡេ​ង ស្រី​ពៅ អាយុ​១៨​ឆ្នាំ ជា​បុគ្គលិក​ក្រុមហ៊ុន​អាហារ​បំប៉ន ​មានស្រុក​កំណើត​នៅ​ភូមិ​កា​រ៉េ​ន​ជោ ឃុំ​អង្គា​ញ់ ស្រុក​ទ្រាំង ខេត្តតាកែវ (​​របួសធ្ងន់​លើ​ផ្ទៃមុខអស់សាច់១ដុំ, អារ.កមុតបន្តិច, កាប់របួសដៃ, ទ្រូង និងក្បាលមុត​បន្តិច)​​ ។ រីឯ​ឃាតករ​​ឈ្មោះ​ជា សុជៀន (ដែលឈ្មោះនេះ​ តុលាការ​បានចេញ​​ដីកាចាប់ខ្លួនហើយ) អាយុ​២៣ឆ្នាំ ​​ធ្វើការ​​ជាង១ឆ្នាំក្នុង​ក្រុមហ៊ុន ជាមួយ​ជនរងគ្រោះ​ទាំង៣នាក់ មាន​ទីលំនៅ​ក្នុង​ឃុំស្វាយជ្រុំ ស្រុករលាប្អៀរ ខេត្ត​កំពង់​ឆ្នាំង ​។

បច្ចុប្បន្ន ជនសង្ស័យរូបនេះ កំពុងគេចខ្លួននៅឡើយ តែសមត្ថកិច្ច​កំពុង​បើក​ការស៊ើបអង្កេតស្វែងរកចាប់ខ្លួនយ៉ាងក្តៅគគុក ​និង​​បាន​​​រក​ឃើញ​​​គណនី​ហ្វេសប៊ុក​របស់​ជន​ដៃដល់រូបនេះ​ទៀតផង មាន​​ឈ្មោះ​ភូ តឹកឡឹក ។

សមត្ថកិច្ច​និយាយ​​ថា ​ជន​ដៃដល់រូបនេះ គឺ​វាបានដាក់ថ្នាំសណ្តំ​ក្នុងទឹក​ឱ្យផឹក ទើបវាសម្លាប់ជនរងគ្រោះ ​។ ចំណែកនារី ដែល​អាច​នៅ​មាន​ជីវិតខាងលើ ​ត្រូវនាងនិយាយថា បានធ្វើ​​ពុត​ជា​ស្លាប់ ទើបអាចរស់​បាន​បែប​នេះ ។
The motive for the attack has yet to be determined.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

Anchor Moy wrote:

Do you have an alibi ?

I have an attorney. :popcorn:
Bertros
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Bertros »

Luigi wrote:
Anchor Moy wrote:

Do you have an alibi ?

I have an attorney. :popcorn:
how was the soap....and was there a rope attached?

cheers

Bertros :hattip:
A taste of the bait is worth the pain of the hook.....
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

It has been confirmed that the suspect, Chea Sochean, was a colleague and roommate of the victims. The motive for the murder and attempted murder of his three friends was the theft of $1000. The suspect is still being sought by the police.

Suspect in New Year’s double-murder in SR
Wed, 4 January 2017
Niem Chheng

A suspect has been identified in a New Year’s Day double-murder in Siem Reap that left one seriously injured victim alive, police confirmed yesterday.
Twenty-three-year-old Chea Sochean from Kampong Chhnang, a co-worker of the victims, was identified by survivor Leng Srey Pov, 28, when she was finally able to speak to police, said Duong Sokha, chief of the provincial serious crimes office.

Sokha said the new information led to a reversal of an earlier police statement that nothing had been taken, saying the suspect had stolen the victims’ money and phones.
“It is a robbery case. The suspect stole about $1,000 belonging to one of the dead men who was about to buy a motorbike, and two phones. But he did not take the two [remaining] phones, because they were locked by password,” said.

Sochean and all three victims worked for the Thai health product company bHIP. “We got the confirmation from the surviving victim that it was him. They knew each other and stayed in the same room. He committed the crime when the victims were asleep,” Sokha said.

A day after the murder, the suspect’s identity was circulated on social media, something Sokha said made the police’s work more difficult, as he had gone into hiding.
Police were still searching for Sochean as of press time yesterday evening.
http://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/s ... -murder-sr

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

A double-murder for a measly grand :facepalm:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic