Canal construction complete

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Canal construction complete

Post by Duncan »

I don't know if Takhmau have had their big celebration ceremony yet for the completion of the concrete work they did on the big canal, but this job reminds me of the job they did on the riverside in PP several years ago.

Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Re: Canal construction complete

Post by SinnSisamouth »

so has that section sunk into the water?

thars shocking but expected
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

It does appear that entire sections are slip slip sliding away. No surprise really.

My apologies to Paul Simon.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Duncan wrote:I don't know if Takhmau have had their big celebration ceremony yet for the completion of the concrete work they did on the big canal, but this job reminds me of the job they did on the riverside in PP several years ago.
This was what the north part of the quay (in front of the Night Market) looked like in 2006 after it collapsed.

But by 2010 it looked like this:

Silence, exile, and cunning.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

In JB's pic #2, interesting to see the other side of the river from 10 years ago. :thumb:
Raybull
Expatriate

Post by Raybull »

'You take your money and you runs' as they say. Then you pay some to comeback and do it again. So goes the cycle of business in these countries.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Here is the repair work being carried out on the original [ first ] part that collapsed.

Here is another section about 50 m further up the canal

Another section downstream from the first on and the opposite side where I'm standing is also on it's way down.

Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

That exactly what happened in Phnom Penh on the riverside, and it looked so strong too. The incompetance is dazzling, it's like some kind of joke.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Far out that is terrible!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

rozzieoz wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:32 am Far out that is terrible!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Your putting it very lightly.,,,, I would say it's bordering on stupidity , cost cutting, neglect , bad engineering and just bad workmanship.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic