Do you trust Cambodian banks.

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
Barang_doa_slae
The Dark Horse
Cambodia

Re: Do you trust Cambodian banks.

Post by Barang_doa_slae »

It is easier to bring big money in than to send it out.
That being said, until fairly recently I trusted cambodia's most serious banks (mainly 100% foreign owned subsidiaries + couple of others) way more than any western bank.

Nowadays they all have exposed loans portfolios that could become problematic in case of an international/regional/local economic crisis.

Nevertheless I still have more confidence in a well managed Cambodian commercial bank than in these western mammoths who use their commercial business to finance their risky and dubious investment arms.
Raybull
Expatriate

Re: Do you trust Cambodian banks.

Post by Raybull »

This is a bit off topic as it deals with banks and fiat issues in general, but is interesting nonetheless. I've followed Mr Maund for many a years, he is IMO one af the most astute. On his site you may find a many free articles, although specific investment ideas are generally reserved for paid members. Anyways, this article may be somewhat over alarmist to some as it deals with the trust of banks and governments in general, but he is one of the best!
https://www.clivemaund.com/free.php?id=4026
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic