Where can I get this fixed?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
LionsLeftTesticle
Expatriate
San Marino

Where can I get this fixed?

Post by LionsLeftTesticle »

Ate a bone.

Will I need a filling?

LionsLeftTesticle
Expatriate
San Marino

Re: Where can I get this fixed?

Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

You could try a dentist.
LionsLeftTesticle
Expatriate
San Marino

I'm not a lawyer.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

You could try to take it out and do what most Cambodians do ,,, fill the hole with rubbish, sand and cement.

Your not a lawyer, so don't tell me you will sue me for that comment.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

You have quite small teeth with rough edges, do you eat a lot of grains? Getting your teeth fixed is worth paying money for, you seem to have cracked it right to the root. A Vietnamese dentist will probably shove something in there for $20, much like my wife's veneer it'll end up in your food at some point.
LionsLeftTesticle
Expatriate
San Marino

cptrelentless wrote:You have quite small teeth with rough edges, do you eat a lot of grains? Getting your teeth fixed is worth paying money for, you seem to have cracked it right to the root. A Vietnamese dentist will probably shove something in there for $20, much like my wife's veneer it'll end up in your food at some point.
I want implants eventually, so I'm just after a quick fix.

Was really just looking for name of reputable dentist in SHK.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

LionsLeftTesticle wrote:Was really just looking for name of reputable dentist in SHK.
And that, is the part missing from your OP.

"Where can I get this fixed in SHK?"

Sorry can't help you in SHK, but if you want a short term fix most local dentists can put a cap on that for $10 - 30.

:hattip:

btw, implants will cost you, but still a minuscule of what you'd pay back home.
LionsLeftTesticle
Expatriate
San Marino

Username Taken wrote:
LionsLeftTesticle wrote:Was really just looking for name of reputable dentist in SHK.
And that, is the part missing from your OP.

"Where can I get this fixed in SHK?"

Sorry can't help you in SHK, but if you want a short term fix most local dentists can put a cap on that for $10 - 30.

:hattip:

btw, implants will cost you, but still a minuscule of what you'd pay back home.
Cheers I'll look around and find one that doesn't look run down.
Barang_doa_slae
The Dark Horse
Cambodia

Post by Barang_doa_slae »

Dental care might be the only medical care for which cambodia is well regarded.
Of course the sheer number of dentists shops still invite to caution and the project of allowing dental assistants to open their own practices even more...

Just talking about serious ones, the choices are quite limited in SHV compared to the Big Stink.
Over there, you have the top tier dentists such as European Dental clinic, EMI, some japanese one etc. They are usually very expensive but with top apparatus and practicians. I personnaly would still make the trip and use emi if I had to do a root canal. They have an expensive laser machine that will do it in no time/no pain.

Then you have second tier such as Romdang(?), usually chains. As far as I know, locally owned and operated, they have quite a large array of middle to high class patrons and are well recommended by many expats.

Lastly you have the somehow modern but definitely not state of the art, locally financed, owned and operated shops. These will be your only option here.
It then of course comes to recommendations and experience. I myself use Naro just up from Total station. Dr Naro speaks ok english and his good friend with my khmer practician from EMI having been to university together. He did quite a few jobs on me of good quality and for reasonable price compare to the previous Big Stink options. Also he is surely not pushy for big spendings when cheaper options are available. I often Ieft his seat without spending a dime...
Big down thought is that he is not very often in town and I don't have a clue about his associate abilities. Also I have seen him do orthodontics that aren't that impressive (Edit: not talking about implants and inlays which from personal experience are just as good as in the more expensive above options)

I was also recommended a new shop with a lady dentist supposedly very gentle. Therefore this is where I brought my fearsome 4yo daughter do her first filling. I can't remember if she speaks english but I would suppose so. In any case she does work wonder with kids so she should also handle some lion's testicles with care :mrgreen:
She is a bit trickier to find and I don't have her name. She is on top of the hill (right side) coming from the two gas stations near the railway station.

Hope that helps
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic