Are you sick? Are you broke? Did you completely fall apart in a foreign country? A warden will rescue you.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Are you sick? Are you broke? Did you completely fall apart in a foreign country? A warden will rescue you.

Post by General Mackevili »

Hey, look, expats in Cambodia get a mention in this article about American citizens down on their luck in foreign countries. Shocker that:

“I am often called upon to assist U.S. citizen travelers who encounter difficult and often confusing situations that require immediate assistance, from stolen passports and money, incarceration for breaking foreign laws, political unrest, falling ill and even personal conflicts resulting in physical assault,” John Mackey, a four-year warden in Phnom Penh, Cambodia, wrote by email.

https://www.abqjournal.com/902385/are-y ... e-you.html

"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
OKW
Expatriate
Angola

Re: Are you sick? Are you broke? Did you completely fall apart in a foreign country? A warden will rescue you.

Post by OKW »

GO FUND ME..is your modern back up
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: RE: Re: Are you sick? Are you broke? Did you completely fall apart in a foreign country? A warden will rescue you.

OKW wrote:GO FUND ME..is your modern back up
I should probably set one up for myself now just to help speed things along later...

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: Are you sick? Are you broke? Did you completely fall apart in a foreign country? A warden will rescue you.

Post by Anchor Moy »

Have you got the guy's phone number for next time there's a sighting of singlets, infected feet, begging from Cambodians etc ?
Be prepared. ;)
OKW
Expatriate
Angola

Re: RE: Re: Are you sick? Are you broke? Did you completely fall apart in a foreign country? A warden will rescue you.

Post by OKW »

General Mackevili wrote:
I should probably set one up for myself now just to help speed things along later...
good one... :thumb:
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Anchor Moy wrote:Have you got the guy's phone number for next time there's a sighting of singlets, infected feet, begging from Cambodians etc ?
Be prepared. ;)
I couldn't tell if he was currently in Cambodia still or not.
OKW wrote:
General Mackevili wrote:
good one... :thumb:
Give til it hurts.

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

General Mackevili wrote:Hey, look, expats in Cambodia get a mention in this article about American citizens down on their luck in foreign countries. Shocker that:

“I am often called upon to assist U.S. citizen travelers who encounter difficult and often confusing situations that require immediate assistance, from stolen passports and money, incarceration for breaking foreign laws, political unrest, falling ill and even personal conflicts resulting in physical assault,” John Mackey, a four-year warden in Phnom Penh, Cambodia, wrote by email.

https://www.abqjournal.com/902385/are-y ... e-you.html

''John Mackey, a four-year warden in Phnom Penh, Cambodia, wrote by email.

What is the meaning of warden in this sentence?
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Luigi wrote:
Does you stoopid or sumthin?

Actually, I had no fucking clue and had to Google it, LoL.

WHAT IS A WARDEN?

· A private American citizen resident in a foreign country who volunteers to assist consular sections in disaster preparedness, welfare & whereabouts, and alerting fellow Americans to emergency situations.

· Wardens often have close ties to the U.S. expat community; therefore they are often the fastest and most effective route to distributing information to Americans and are essential when normal communication channels fail.

· They facilitate distribution of routine administrative information (changes in section work hours, procedures, embassy closures, voting information) of interest to the U.S. private community.

· Wardens provide important, timely safety and security information, which might include the times and locations of upcoming local demonstrations, areas of potential unrest due to local celebrations or elections, or information about a specific medical issue.

https://costarica.usembassy.gov/mobile/ ... arden.html

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
OKW
Expatriate
Angola

Post by OKW »

General Mackevili wrote:
Luigi wrote:
Does you stoopid or sumthin?

Actually, I had no fucking clue and had to Google it, LoL.

WHAT IS A WARDEN?

· A private American citizen resident in a foreign country who volunteers to assist consular sections in disaster preparedness, welfare & whereabouts, and alerting fellow Americans to emergency situations.

· Wardens often have close ties to the U.S. expat community; therefore they are often the fastest and most effective route to distributing information to Americans and are essential when normal communication channels fail.

· They facilitate distribution of routine administrative information (changes in section work hours, procedures, embassy closures, voting information) of interest to the U.S. private community.

· Wardens provide important, timely safety and security information, which might include the times and locations of upcoming local demonstrations, areas of potential unrest due to local celebrations or elections, or information about a specific medical issue.

https://costarica.usembassy.gov/mobile/ ... arden.html
Holy shit, don t tell me they are on the payroll for this. Unless it is a simple cover and they are playing a double role in the host country.
OKW
Expatriate
Angola

Post by OKW »

Setting up a Go Fund Me beforehand is considered responsible, good planning and thinking ahead. Thus should be honored as such by doners over those who didn't.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic