Dutchman Stefan Struik & His Vietnamese Boyfriend Arrested & Charged for Abusing Cambodian Boy in Facebook Video

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: RE: Re: Two Cambodian Men and A Dutch Guy, Stefan Struik Arrested By Police For Involving in Physically Abuse A Boy

Post by prahkeitouj »

John Bingham wrote:
prahkeitouj wrote:Why he is sent to Vietnam?
He wasn't sent to Vietnam, he is from there and his Dutch boyfriend/boss helped him run away to Ho Chi Minh City after these videos went public. He was caught by Vietnamese police and I think he has already been extradited (sent) to Cambodia.
Oh... Thanks.
កុំស្លាប់ដូចពស់ កុំរស់ដូចកង្កែប
RogueAnt
Expatriate
French Polynesia

Re: Two Cambodian Men and A Dutch Guy, Stefan Struik Arrested By Police For Involving in Physically Abuse A Boy

Post by RogueAnt »

Yes, he has the money to buy citizenship. He also travels a lot.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/members/singelf
OKW
Expatriate
Angola

Re: Two Cambodian Men and A Dutch Guy, Stefan Struik Arrested By Police For Involving in Physically Abuse A Boy

Post by OKW »

RogueAnt wrote:Yes, he has the money to buy citizenship. He also travels a lot.
yes, he does have money. That is why I quetion that he actually lived in the displayed appartment above.
Hey may have been visiting.
Brewer
Expatriate

Post by Brewer »

RogueAnt wrote:Yes, he has the money to buy citizenship. He also travels a lot.
And this is the fucking freak's idea of a review. :facepalm:
“Ghosts in room 10”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2015

Two children who were very thirsty, and asked for water. that was the thing that my friend saw in his lucid dream. They told him they died in that room in the 1950's (my friend couldnt understand the exact year) . The night before he saw a dark shadow wandering around the room, a shadow that was taller than him but didn't notice him. My friend got the idea that the children died from a fire in that house before it became a hotel villa. And a few times he felt the children coming back, chasing him for water, because he started getting cold from his legs up.
I didn't experience anything myself but I know my friend is not an hysterical seeker for attention. I took him very seriously when he told me, also because of the way he told me.
The only thing I saw was a nicely decorated and quite large bedroom in a charming villa house. The staff was quite helpfull, and if I looked at the price/quality you, it was excellent.
A minor issue was the breakfast. Too simple and too western with only scrambled eggs, coffee and toast and yoghurt. not many varieties. Well, at least they had yoghurt, which is very hard to find once you go outside of Phnom Penh
And as far as it goes for the ghosts, for some it might be a reason not to stay in that paritcular room, for another it might be an extra thrill. My friend didn't feel any other paranormal presence in the rest of the villa
Room Tip: Avoid room 10 if you are sensitive for it and don't like extra ghostly company

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserRev ... _Penh.html#
Bertros
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Bertros »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote:The suspect's house was searched by Cambodian police. They found:
1.an electric shocker like the one used on the child
2. a dildo
3. 2 plastic staws through bottletops, evidence of drug taking.

Stefan Struik being questioned by police.
http://khmeread.com/posts/17299
wouldn't prudent officers use gloves when handling these type of items?

just sayin'

Bertros :hattip:
A taste of the bait is worth the pain of the hook.....
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

They might think it looks funny, but disgusted.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk
កុំស្លាប់ដូចពស់ កុំរស់ដូចកង្កែប
Popeye
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Popeye »

So, after questioning him ( the Dutch Cunt ) the police let him go !!!!
Yes, he has the money to buy citizenship And money to get himself out of this situation, no doubt.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Article from the Cambodia Daily today says that the Dutchman is expected to be charged with failing to report a crime and concealing evidence.This carries a penalty of 1-3 years in prison and a fine of between 2 to 6 million riel ($500-1500). He is expected to appear in court today.
Cambodian authorities have asked that the Vietnamese man be returned to Cambodia to be tried for aggravated torture and acts of cruelty. If found guilty, he would face 10-20 years jail. However, it has yet to be confirmed that the Vietnamese man will in fact be extradited.
San Sopheak, a deputy prosecutor at the Mondolkiri Provincial Court, said on Thursday he would provisionally charge Mr. Struik, who holds Cambodian citizenship and owns cacao plantations in the country, with “omission to file a complaint against the mistreatment of a minor” and “concealment of evidence.”

Both charges carry a prison term of between one and three years, and a fine of between 2 and 6 million riel, or about $500 to $1,500. Mr. Struik is being held at the provincial police headquarters and is expected to be back in court today.

If Mr. Nguyen were returned to Cambodia, Mr. Sopheak said, he would be charged with aggravated torture and acts of cruelty, which carries a prison sentence of 10 to 20 years. General Chito said authorities were waiting to find out whether he would be returned to face trial.

“We have already made a request, but they haven’t responded yet,” he said. “We want it to be prosecuted here.”
https://www.cambodiadaily.com/news/dutc ... re-121737/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Maybe the thread title should be edited now that the Cambodian men have been released and are not involved?
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

There is an article in the Khmer Times today which is more or less a rehash of information already posted, but it does mention that there is no extradition treaty between Cambodia and Vietnam.
There is no formal extradition treaty between Vietnam and Cambodia but authorities in each country have discretion to hand over wanted individuals.
(I'm not posting a link to it because they have top page photos showing the kid being tortured. WTF.)

A fact-check finds that Cambodia has signed extradition treaties with only three countries - Laos, Thailand and China. The rest is left up to the discretion of the authorities.
http://www.cchrcambodia.org/admin/media ... _(ENG).pdf
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic