FREE thai tourist visa today thru Feb 28th

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

FREE thai tourist visa today thru Feb 28th

Post by phuketrichard »

and the baht is over 35.2 to the $$ :beer3:

Funny how Thai embassy in PP charges $40 while everywhere else its only 1,000 baht :stir:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Satiated Parrot
Expatriate
Armenia

Re: FREE thai tourist visa today thru Feb 28th

Post by Satiated Parrot »

Aren't single entry tourist visas those which are applied for on arrival by Chinese and Indians? Does this mean they're free?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

NO; those are visas on arrival

these are single entry TOURIST visas valid for 60 day stay,( which for a payment of 1,900 baht) can be extended in country for another 30 days
NOT to be confused with 30 day VISA EXEMPT entries
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
OKW
Expatriate
Angola

Post by OKW »

phuketrichard wrote:NO; those are visas on arrival

these are single entry TOURIST visas valid for 60 day stay,( which for a payment of 1,900 baht) can be extended in country for another 30 days

Thx again PR, just checked and saw the list of 19 countries involved. Visa exemtion was and is the case with me. Enjoy the seafood in Phuket.
obelisks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by obelisks »

OKW wrote:

Thx again PR, just checked and saw the list of 19 countries involved. Visa exemtion was and is the case with me. Enjoy the seafood in Phuket.

Disregard that list of 19 countries because it now applies to all countries. Don't know what happened but it looks like immigration in Thailand only put out half a news bulletin and forgot to mention 60 day tourist visas or changed their mind at the last minute.
I think it's very significant they are doing this in the middle of the high season.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

changed their minds.
Now is the start of the high season
Michael2002
Expatriate

Post by Michael2002 »

I would avoid Thailand at all costs .the police searches and police corruption , random beating of farangs , general ripp offs enough to make me go somewhere else .
sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by sigmoid »

I would avoid Thailand at all costs .the police searches and police corruption , random beating of farangs , general ripp offs enough to make me go somewhere else .
Agreed. Why risk it? People will say "it could happen anywhere" but "it does happen in Thailand, not "could".

The rapes, murders, assaults aren't happening in Malaysia, Myanmar, Vietnam, Laos or Cambodia.
Disregard that list of 19 countries because it now applies to all countries.
Their desperation is palpable. What happened to the 33 million?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I may be going to hell in a bucket,
but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Michael2002 wrote:I would avoid Thailand at all costs .the police searches and police corruption , random beating of farangs , general ripp offs enough to make me go somewhere else .
BS
better living here now than before. Regardless of what u that have no idea dont know is, they are tackling the corruption ( slowly)
random beatings?? yea must be 1,000 of them each year :stir: unlike a western country, rips off? no different than Cambodia if ur stupid

Look it is far from perfect, but still the best place to live, visit ( 32 million cant be all wrong) or raise a family on a limited budget and have all the things u want in se asia
obelisks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by obelisks »

phuketrichard wrote:changed their minds.
Now is the start of the high season
I must remember to tell Suzanne Nam Thailand Travel Expert that she doesn't know what she's talking about :lol:

" In most of Thailand, high season starts in November and lasts through January."
according to her December is in the middle of high season?

http://gothailand.about.com/od/planatri ... Season.htm
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic