FREE thai tourist visa today thru Feb 28th

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
CowshedCowboyRedux
Expatriate

Re: FREE thai tourist visa today thru Feb 28th

Post by CowshedCowboyRedux »

I take this announcement as good news as it would seem to confirm that the clampdown on Chinese zero dollar tours has had the effect of cutting significant Chinese numbers. I'm happy if their tour buses are not completely clogging up the streets of Pattaya, aside from their general inconsiderate behaviour. Couple of points though, do people in significant numbers really leave it this late to book a holiday especially in high season and does the fairly small cost of a visa actually figure in people's overall decision when booking a holiday, especially this late in the day. I'd be surprised.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

obelisks wrote:
phuketrichard wrote:changed their minds.
Now is the start of the high season
I must remember to tell Suzanne Nam Thailand Travel Expert that she doesn't know what she's talking about :lol:

" In most of Thailand, high season starts in November and lasts through January."
according to her December is in the middle of high season?

http://gothailand.about.com/od/planatri ... Season.htm
Some hotels have expanded their definition of high season even further, from early November through March or April! This doesn't really mean anything, since they've also created something called "super high season," which is essentially the normal high season.
LOL
Please do as she is wrong, what makes her a Expert?? High season has been nov- mid april as long as i have lived here and i bet ya anything i have been here a lot longer than she
High season for 90% of hotels runs end of Nov thru mid April ( songkran around april 12-14th)
PEAK season run Dec 20th- Jan 5th

Personally i don think a free visa figures in a vacation for most people. But its a nice come on plus I think most people are already locked in to their holidays this high season. so really only affects a few

AND many European /Americans, Australians dont even bother with a visa as they get a 30day visa exempt and the average stay is less than 12 days
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
LionsLeftTesticle
Expatriate
San Marino

Post by LionsLeftTesticle »

Does anyone know if travel ships still charging $50, or just their $10 fee for getting the visa for you?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic