Robbed by the traffic police in Bali. OMG. (Video)

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Robbed by the traffic police in Bali. OMG. (Video)

Post by Anchor Moy »

Life-lesson time. A young hipster-type dude is traveling the world, discovering some amazing stuff and filming himself as he goes. In this episode, Precious goes to a vegan restaurant, gets an awesome tattoo, AND gets stopped by the Bali police for not wearing a helmet on his motorbike. AND OMG, they ask him for money because he has no helmet and no licence !!! Sound familiar ? :popcorn:

If you can't face the vegan restaurant and the coolness of getting a Bali tattoo, the scene with the cops starts about 4:30 into the video.

:facepalm:
Lao-Lao-from-laos
Tourist

Re: Robbed by the traffic police in Bali. OMG. (Video)

Post by Lao-Lao-from-laos »

i just waisted 10.33 minutes of my life
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

LOL what a baby. Call the waaaaambulance.

EDIT: 200,000 rupiah = just under USD $15
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

The story made the Australian news :

American tourist Sawyer Hartman uploads moment he was allegedly extorted by Bali police
November 24, 20164:40pm
“WE JUST got f***ing hustled by the police in Bali”.

“I thought America was bad right now, Jesus, we just got hustled by the police in Bali.

“Welcome to Indonesia. Holy sh*t, let’s get home.

“I thought I was going to jail. I really did.

“You’re crooks, not all of you I’m sure, but you, you know who I’m talking to, you’re f***ing crooks.

“I just got robbed by the Bali police.”

An American tourist in Bali has detailed the moment he was allegedly extorted by Balinese police...
http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-up ... d91eb0015a
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

says he gets a tattoo in every country that he goes to.... has like only 3 tattoos.... and theyre shit and with nothing to do with the country hes actually in, whats the point... idiot

i cant believe he has a gf, i thought he was gay lol
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Raybull
Expatriate

Post by Raybull »

Lolz, the irony...no compassion from the polis for him! Decent looking gf too, but a twat nonetheless.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

I thought up this tattoo while I was eating a burger. No shit.
What a pathetic fucking worm. He needs to be battered around the head with a gun barrel.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

Luckily no one has ever been robbed by an American lawyer.
peppermintpaddy
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by peppermintpaddy »

i could only manage 1 minute 20 secs.....one of those faces you couldn't stop hitting....he looks like he's wearing those teeth in for someone else.....What is it with yanks and those fake teeth ?
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

Lao-Lao-from-laos wrote:i just waisted 10.33 minutes of my life
Thanks for the warning. I downloaded it and cut to the whiny bit. What a dufus! He rides without a helmet, which is illegal, he doesn't have a license, which is illegal and then whines about the police doing their job and fining him :facepalm:

The police try to extract a large fine (surprise, surprise), but he ends up paying 200,000 Rupiah. 50,000, is a standard fine AFAIK, so 50,000, for no helmet,50,000 for no license and 100,000 for being such a dick. Seems pretty fair to me. :ROFL:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic