Voting against the elite ("How dare they!")

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: Voting against the elite ("How dare they!")

Post by Username Taken »

Sailorman wrote:Thanks Boozy, good article. Don't you just love it here when non-Americans show their ignorance as to the ways of us Americans. I see it as mental masturbation by a bunch of non-Americans with too much time on their hands (or in their hands.)
I think you'll find that Boozy is not one of you Americans.
boozyoldman
Expatriate
Western Sahara

Post by boozyoldman »

BOM is non-American, but was present at an election time in Boston many, many moons ago and thus has a faint idea about 1 or 2 things - not least,
just how mean and spiteful even low-level US politics can be.

EXAMPLES: A TV ad which snarled "doubts about his corruption record"- the quite deliberate ambiguity referred to someone whose job it was to
uncover and prosecute corruption.

Then a reference to a candidate's "drug dependency" - which sounded enticingly decadent until the media disclosed that the man referred o
had suffered a back injury years before and sometimes needed a strong smack-you-flat drug like Ativan to get a good night's sleep.

British political life has not - yet - slid so far down the toilet; if fact, the degree of friendship and collusion between Call-Me-Dave Cameron and the
News-of-the-World phone-tappers (i.e.those - like Rebekah Wade - who authorized, and profited from, the phone-tapping) was a gripping
tale which simply disappeared down an oubliette of infinite depth.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Username Taken wrote:
Sailorman wrote:Thanks Boozy, good article. Don't you just love it here when non-Americans show their ignorance as to the ways of us Americans. I see it as mental masturbation by a bunch of non-Americans with too much time on their hands (or in their hands.)
I think you'll find that Boozy is not one of you Americans.
Yeah, I wondered how long it would take before the penny dropped.

This is what SM thinks of Eurotrash. Do a search - pages of it and all from SM.
As I've said before, Eurotrash and those from the rainy little islands near there have no concept of America and are delusional as all there lives their governments and media have spoon fed them the dumb-down cool-aid.
MM: Are you a US citizen or Eurotrash just trying to piss on my country?
BTW/ Its my country and there isn't a damn thing all you serfs/Eurotrash can do about it but jack you jaws, wring your hands and post mindless posts.
Also there is one wonderful thing about the debate about firearms in America. No Eurotrash or others who have had their rights taken away by a nanny state can do anything about it but jack their jaws. You want to do something about it, become an American and vote, otherwise its a mot point.
Etc.
It seems that SM had this idea that all European are flaming lefties and pansies. Ergo all supporters of extreme right politics must be good old US citizens. You're way off SM, there are plenty of fascists in Europe.
boozyoldman
Expatriate
Western Sahara

Post by boozyoldman »

Fascist?

Like those awful people with shaven heads and ugly boots?

OH DEAR NE, NO!
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

The head of Japan is in America cutting a protection deal with President Elect Trump. Smart Japs, cut a deal before all the other cheapskate counties like South Korea and the NATO countries have to get in line to cut their protection deal with the new American sheriff. Make them pay Donald, or we walk away and use the money for our infrastructure in the US. The "Uncle-Sugar-Train" has left the station.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

kiwiincambodia wrote:More importantly he is there to try and persuade him to not pull the TPPA, that will be a massive blow to the Japanese economy.

Not everything is about guns and war you broken record...
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

boozyoldman wrote:Fascist?

Like those awful people with shaven heads and ugly boots?

OH DEAR NE, NO!
No, those are just Millwall supporters* :plus1:
(*football fans)

But, true that the F-word is not considered PC these days - my bad - I think they like to call themselves extreme or far right. Is that right? Whatever you prefer.
BOM is non-American, but was present at an election time in Boston many, many moons ago and thus has a faint idea about 1 or 2 things -

:ROFL:
Classic British humour. Best in the world.
boozyoldman
Expatriate
Western Sahara

Post by boozyoldman »

The "political" views of any given person are all over the place - leftwing on a better NHS and state-funded education, "rightwing" on being
firmly against importing large numbers (or even very small numbers) of people who despise the West, libertarian on total and absolute cannabis
legalisation and so on.

Someone accused of being a Strasserite was puzzled and had to look it up. A Strasserite is a leftwing nationalist.

The slithering reptiles and performing seals of the MSM assume their readers are so dumb that they need easy labels - thus Geert Wilders is
"extreme right wing" when he said obvious true things about the wonderful Moroccans who have done so much to enrich life in Dutch
cities (he could have said the same about the Pakistanis in Britain.)

For reasons which confound even the smartest, the elite obviously feel that mass Third World immigration is wonderful - Peter Sutherland
is convinced that dull Europeans need to be "educated" about the benefits mass immigration is bringing to Europe and, immediately after
the Van Gogh murder, no less a personage than the Queen of the Netherlands scampered along to the nearest Moroccan Youth Centre to tell
those young car thieves, rapists and heroin dealers just how much the Dutch elite loves each and every one of them.
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

Boozy: I hereby make you an honorary American. I'll send you a tax form Jan 1. :-) Yes, I'm taxed even in Cambodia. I'm taxed so that NATO counties, Japan, Korea , etc. can get free protection, but thanks to Donald that will stop and the illegals that stole jobs are going home and NAFTA is going away with the jobs coming back to America.

The Jap leader knows the treaty is dead. He also knows that countries are going to start paying to be protected by Uncle Sugar and yes, the Japanese are smart to get in the head of the line to cut a deal.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic