Lese-majeste - Thai police chief ready to pay foreigners' air tickets.

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Lese-majeste - Thai police chief ready to pay foreigners' air tickets.

Post by Anchor Moy »

In a startling statement by the National police chief Jakthip Chaijinda, he is quoted as saying that he will personally pay for air tickets to deport disrespectful foreigners from Thailand if they don't have the money to leave. This could open up all sorts of possibilities for westerners stuck in Thailand due to lack of funds:
National police chief Jakthip Chaijinda said police were investigating 20 cases of royal insult, or lese-majeste, since the king's death and arrest warrants have been issued for eight out of the 20 suspects.

"For lese-majeste cases, if people don't want to live in Thailand they should go abroad," Jakthip told reporters.

"If they don't have money for the air fare I will pay for it, they can ask me to buy their plane ticket," he added.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/thai-police- ... tml?ref=gs

Take your places in the queue now. :3some:
boozyoldman
Expatriate
Western Sahara

Re: Lese-majeste - Thai police chief ready to pay foreigners' air tickets.

Post by boozyoldman »

Let us home that nobody has the appalling taste to insult the memory of the late Air Vice-Marshal Foo-Foo,
who would grown in Heaven in displeasure.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

boozyoldman wrote:Let us home that nobody has the appalling taste to insult the memory of the late Air Vice-Marshal Foo-Foo,
who would grown in Heaven in displeasure.
BOM, are you using google translate again ? Doesn't work for us. Why not write in your native language and we'll get someone to translate ? :hattip:
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Lese-majeste - Thai police chief ready to pay air tickets.

Post by phuketrichard »

Anchor Moy wrote:In a startling statement by the National police chief Jakthip Chaijinda, he is quoted as saying that he will personally pay for air tickets to deport disrespectful foreigners from Thailand if they don't have the money to leave. This could open up all sorts of possibilities for westerners stuck in Thailand due to lack of funds:
National police chief Jakthip Chaijinda said police were investigating 20 cases of royal insult, or lese-majeste, since the king's death and arrest warrants have been issued for eight out of the 20 suspects.

"For lese-majeste cases, if people don't want to live in Thailand they should go abroad," Jakthip told reporters.

"If they don't have money for the air fare I will pay for it, they can ask me to buy their plane ticket," he added.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/thai-police- ... tml?ref=gs

Take your places in the queue now. :3some:

I read ur link three times,, i saw NO MENTION of "disrespectful foreigners " this article is in reference to Thais showing disrespect. :stir:
suggests a change of title
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

phuketrichard wrote: I read ur link three times,, i saw NO MENTION of "disrespectful foreigners " this article is in reference to Thais showing disrespect. :stir:
You're right that was just my assumption. I never even considered the possibility that he was also ready to stump up for resident visas for Thai nationals to live abroad, or that someone in authority would suggest expelling Thais from their own country. However... must not assume anything in these times.

FWIW I think the original quote was probably incorrectly translated or taken out of context, but still something to think about. Even more so if we are talking about getting rid of "bad" Thais. That's a lot more scary than kicking out foreigners IMO.
boozyoldman
Expatriate
Western Sahara

Post by boozyoldman »

We should all revere the memory of the late Air Marshal:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fufu_(dog)
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

boozyoldman wrote:We should all revere the memory of the late Air Marshal:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fufu_(dog)

do u have a fluffy dog fetish??
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Anchor Moy wrote:
phuketrichard wrote: I read ur link three times,, i saw NO MENTION of "disrespectful foreigners " this article is in reference to Thais showing disrespect. :stir:
You're right that was just my assumption. I never even considered the possibility that he was also ready to stump up for resident visas for Thai nationals to live abroad, or that someone in authority would suggest expelling Thais from their own country. However... must not assume anything in these times.

FWIW I think the original quote was probably incorrectly translated or taken out of context, but still something to think about. Even more so if we are talking about getting rid of "bad" Thais. That's a lot more scary than kicking out foreigners IMO.
Ur Assuming way to much, basically he just wants to kick out any thai's that cant show respect, nothing about "assisting " them in getting resident visas for them to live anywhere, that's not his problem.

Like a bumper sticker we had in the states back in the days

"Love it or Leave it"
boozyoldman
Expatriate
Western Sahara

Post by boozyoldman »

As a few readers will know, irony is one of the best ways of poking fun when fun needs to be poked.

Are any Thais brave - or foolhardy - enough to keep a straight face and make a fuss about revering Foo-foo's memory
with commemorative gatherings and recited odes?

The entire grotesque cult of the Late King (and WHO shot his brother all those years ago, eh?) was - and remains - enough to
make a hyena puke.

NOTE: Try to locate and read a really smart book titled "The K*ng Never Smiles" for a lot of the dirt on the Thai monarchy
and the web of links to the clergy, the military, the bloodstained and remorseless paramilitaries, corrupt big business and
- not least - organized crime
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Re the above post ^^

Let us know when CEO is blocked in Thailand, Richard and/or others.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic