Giant Ibis Hit and Run

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Re: Giant Ibis Hit and Run

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

My Giant Ibis sleeper from Siem Riep rammed a car and driver disappeared into the night.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

The Giant Ibis drivers occasionally drink at my neighbour's place. They use the bus for that, too.
boozyoldman
Expatriate
Western Sahara

Post by boozyoldman »

.......................... Neither a mathematician nor a gamer

but

what is the probability - by company - of being in a biff of some kind
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Raybull wrote:Stopped using them when CityLink started shv-pp in 2014, their VIP buses were crazy nice for 8$, but they pulled out last year. Not surprised as a couple times it was only myself and the gf, probably would cost around 100$ to charter that nice of a bus for the trip.Image
They only do the pp-sr route now it seems. :cry:
looks cushty that to be fair
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Raybull
Expatriate

Post by Raybull »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Raybull wrote:Stopped using them when CityLink started shv-pp in 2014, their VIP buses were crazy nice for 8$, but they pulled out last year. Not surprised as a couple times it was only myself and the gf, probably would cost around 100$ to charter that nice of a bus for the trip.Image
They only do the pp-sr route now it seems. :cry:
looks cushty that to be fair
Yeah mate, I've paid more for way shittier minibuses! Last time I booked with them was in October last year, my buddy was just starting up his BookMeBus site (top site that one, he's won quite a few startup awards) and we got to book the first tickets online, bus picked us up way out in Prek Leap no extra charge and just us two straight to my doorstep in SHV. Anyways, not sure why they never got popular on the PP-SHV route, lots of competition but they had the best product. Didn't help that their drivers would hand out personal cards and pickup customers for 6$. They folded the route a couple weeks after that trip IIRC :?
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

I started using Giant Ibus a couple years ago when they first started. I stopped using them a couple months ago. The run from Phnom Penh to Sihanoulville was almost a suicide run. The driver drove too fast and we almost got in multiple accidents. At times the bus's movements almost threw me out of my seat. At the halfway point I asked the driver to slow down, but when we resumed he drove even faster. The driver appeared to be stoned or on some drug.

I complained to the main Giant Ibus office, but their reply was that their drivers would never do that and don't use drugs. The attitude of the Giant Ibus people was that it could never happen on their bus line and I was lying. I posted this on TripAdvisor(and this forum) and have been watching the news for a Giant Ibus bus crash as its not if there will be an accident(s), but how soon. They have been very lucky so far in only injuring people on motos. I hope some people have read my comments on TripAdvisor on this unsafe/uncaring company as it may save their livers.
vng
Expatriate

Post by vng »

Giant Ibis? Don't ride those fucker. I only got 1 sleeper ride from Siam Reap to PP and done!
:beer:
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

those mini buses seats are useless in the back
four seats only good for children

plus there is bugger all room for luggage
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
obelisks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by obelisks »

Sailorman wrote:I started using Giant Ibus a couple years ago when they first started. I stopped using them a couple months ago. The run from Phnom Penh to Sihanoulville was almost a suicide run. The driver drove too fast and we almost got in multiple accidents. At times the bus's movements almost threw me out of my seat. At the halfway point I asked the driver to slow down, but when we resumed he drove even faster. The driver appeared to be stoned or on some drug.

I complained to the main Giant Ibus office, but their reply was that their drivers would never do that and don't use drugs. The attitude of the Giant Ibus people was that it could never happen on their bus line and I was lying. I posted this on TripAdvisor(and this forum) and have been watching the news for a Giant Ibus bus crash as its not if there will be an accident(s), but how soon. They have been very lucky so far in only injuring people on motos. I hope some people have read my comments on TripAdvisor on this unsafe/uncaring company as it may save their livers.

As it seems we both shared a similar experience, I would also like to post something on TripAdvisor. Can you please provide a link to the one which included your comments.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

obelisks here is the link: https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g ... bodia.html

Personally, I don't think SM posted. here.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic