English Teacher Robbed While Walking Home Drunk in Kampot By Skinny Cambodian Pretending to be a Motodop

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

English Teacher Robbed While Walking Home Drunk in Kampot By Skinny Cambodian Pretending to be a Motodop

Post by General Mackevili »

From the Kampot Noticeboard Facebook Group:

Spoiler:
I was mugged last night, on the way home from O'Neils to Captain Chim's Restaurant/Guesthouse, around 2:30a.m. Skinny Khmer pulled up on a moto and insisted on helping me home; I refused, kept walking. He hopped off his bike and pushed me to the pavement; broke my glasses and began rifling through my pockets. I kicked him in the face once, but he had already scurfed mine face on the pavement and broken my glasses. Not more that I could do at that point. All phones will be reported tomorrow to Telecom shops. I have lost three (3) cell phones whilst in Kampot. Is there any point involving police? I was robbed of my last two remaining cell phones and have a very damaged pair of $460 glasses on my head (barely).
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
jimsocks
Expatriate

Re: English Teacher Robbed While Walking Home Drunk in Kampot By Skinny Cambodian Pretending to be a Motodop

Post by jimsocks »

You'll get mugged in us city at 2am. So walking home 2am in Cambodia..............
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: English Teacher Robbed While Walking Home Drunk in Kampot By Skinny Cambodian Pretending to be a Motodop

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

i wouldnt broadcast the fact that i got pushed to the ground and mugged by some "Skinny Khmer"
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:i wouldnt broadcast the fact that i got pushed to the ground and mugged by some "Skinny Khmer"
And he isn't that small:

Who carries three phones? And $460 glasses.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

hanno wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:i wouldnt broadcast the fact that i got pushed to the ground and mugged by some "Skinny Khmer"
And he isn't that small:

Who carries three phones? And $460 glasses.
:plus1: :facepalm:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Apparently he was that drunk he could barely walk, probably just fell over which caused his injuries and the loss of his phones, either too drunk to actually remember and embarrassed so made up a story about being robbed...or maybe he actually was robbed and I'm being a dick?
one_dolla
Expatriate

Post by one_dolla »

2 moto theft's and now this ! crime wave!
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

It never ceases to amaze me at the ability of people to promote their own misfortune and/or stupidity by posting to social media.

Is it for sympathy? attention? what?

I don't care! No seriously, I don't. Unless I know you personally I do not care. Victim culture maybe? Who knows but aside from a wry smile I read and move on and hardly give them a second thought.
and so on to watching some LiveLeak vids ...... which may explain my lack of compassion >.<
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic