Xiaomi Redmi 3S 4G Smartphone

Phones, Internet, Computers and such.
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 3S 4G Smartphone

Post by beaker »

chkwoot wrote:Cellcard/Mobitel is advertising this for $133. http://www.cellcard.com.kh/en/mobile-ph ... -redmi-3s/
Different phone only 16GB, no SD slot, smaller screen and I don't think it has the fingerprint security which is excellent on the Xiaomi Redmi note 3 plus.
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
walkjivefly
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by walkjivefly »

The 3S is only 2Gb+16Gb. The 3 Pro is 3Gb+32Gb.

The SIM tray can accommodate 2 micro SIM or 1 SIM and an SD card. But there are videos on YouTube showing how to shoehorn 2 SIMs and an SD card in. Get it right and the phone will happily use all 3.
chkwoot
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by chkwoot »

Just bought 1 at Cellcard office on Sihanouk. $135 out the door. Includes clear plastic cover, glass protector, earbuds, and 4g sim with a bunch of promo data and I'm not sure what else. Only grey (which is white front and silver back) and gold available. Haven't tried it yet 'cause it's charging.
CJM555
Expatriate

Post by CJM555 »

It's times like these one is thankful for getting blootered on Friday, best part of Saturday and has not ventured near a PC for two days.

Calling Chkwoot....
Does the phone work ok ?
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by beaker »

chkwoot wrote:Just bought 1 at Cellcard office on Sihanouk. $135 out the door. Includes clear plastic cover, glass protector, earbuds, and 4g sim with a bunch of promo data and I'm not sure what else. Only grey (which is white front and silver back) and gold available. Haven't tried it yet 'cause it's charging.
Looks like an OK phone for the money only having 2Gb of RAM can be problematic as the Android system will take most of it. There is an app called Rheostat Ram expander which can set up a swap file on the SD card increasing the RAM another 3GB for a total of 5GB . I highly recommend it. It's at the Google store for only a few dollars.
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
chkwoot
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by chkwoot »

CJM555 wrote:It's times like these one is thankful for getting blootered on Friday, best part of Saturday and has not ventured near a PC for two days.

Calling Chkwoot....
Does the phone work ok ?
Phone works great. Spent the last 2 days transferring and updating everything. Cellcard still sucks, even at 4g. MIUI is different than Samsung's, but I'm not yet sure which is better. For $133, probably the best phone I've ever purchased. Ask me again every 6 mos! :crazy: :crazy: <-(Chinese manufacturers)
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Pretty sure Nika have the Redmi. I recently bought a Mi5 and I'm very pleased with it. Maim reason I got the mi5 over others is that the camera gets better reviews (a must for me) and the phone generally got really good reviews. Fast, great camera so far in my limited testing, very nice/bright screen and excellent battery life (I'm at more than 50% at 9pm despite having internet on all day). Hopefully it stays like that for a while...

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic