Discos/KTVs in SHV (places and special events)

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: Discos/KTVs in SHV (places and special events)

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Raybull wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:39 pm
cptrelentless wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:05 pm No love for King Pharoah? I tried explaining the redundancy. Although whenever I go to KTVs the girls are all somehow related to my wife and her mates. Mondolron 2 has a downstairs free for all and upstairs rooms. Does half decent food, too
Where's Mondolron? Or did you mean Monorom II?
is that the one to the left of Snooky bar?
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Raybull
Expatriate

Post by Raybull »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:42 pm
cptrelentless wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:05 pm No love for King Pharoah? I tried explaining the redundancy. Although whenever I go to KTVs the girls are all somehow related to my wife and her mates. Mondolron 2 has a downstairs free for all and upstairs rooms. Does half decent food, too
Yep. Fuck Snookys looks bare lately!
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

Yeah, sorry if I got it wrong. The newish one left of old Snooky's. The fat Aussie you've been hanging out with can better explain. He was on eith a chance but they don't speak English
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Raybull wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:36 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:09 pm
haha ive got some friends that work at King Pharaoh too lol
the very last picture is a photo i took at King Pharaoh, funnily enough,
the girl in the red dress is actually Vietnamese not Khmer though
Nice write up JL! For some reason King Pharaoh has never taken off like the other KTVs. I knew some Chinese guys that use to go there as many Vietnamese girls that can speak Mandarin worked at KP, but they stopped going as they were all vultures. Sucks to be right across from NakorSamrith too, which is the most popular one in town.
Anyways, on top of what Jamie mentionned, there's a different SOP depending on where you go and with who (boys night out, or with the gfs family, or some friends bday, etc.) but when it comes to going out to the private room KTVs with the boys there's a lot tips and tricks that you learn along the way to get your moneys worth as those always turn out to be the most expensive nights.
Also, you'll be expected to tip the song girl, the hostesses if you're not taking them home (which is pretty common in KTVs, most will not go the first time they meet you), the Mamasan, and anybody else who sneaks into your room when the bill and tips are due. But if you do it right, you can have a lot of fun.
:thumb: :beer3:

was out down the 333 side of KTV street wednesday night early doors
some cute chicks down there, had about 3-4 towers rather quickly,
the cute girl i was sat with kept wanting to drink finish with me trying to get me drunk, when we hit the 3rd tower i warned her that she will be on her arse long before me
she ended up getting pretty drunk, then it got awkward when her boyfriend turned up (she must have been ignoring her phone) :facepalm: and she had to try and act sober (it was only 8pm lol) :lol:
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Raybull wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:48 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:42 pm
Yep. Fuck Snookys looks bare lately!
tonights its last night of business, the chinese has bought them out and knocking it down and building some new apartments or something

ive been to Monorom before, in the restaurant/beer garden downstairs
not too bad in there tbh, i like that you get your own personal waitress who is constantly there to attend to your needs

is that not the place you got a free feed/drinks because there was a crazy gunman outside and everyone legged it? lol
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

That Gary dude is now at Above Us Only Sky if you miss the food
Raybull
Expatriate

Post by Raybull »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:49 pm
Nice write up JL! For some reason King Pharaoh has never taken off like the other KTVs. I knew some Chinese guys that use to go there as many Vietnamese girls that can speak Mandarin worked at KP, but they stopped going as they were all vultures. Sucks to be right across from NakorSamrith too, which is the most popular one in town.
Anyways, on top of what Jamie mentionned, there's a different SOP depending on where you go and with who (boys night out, or with the gfs family, or some friends bday, etc.) but when it comes to going out to the private room KTVs with the boys there's a lot tips and tricks that you learn along the way to get your moneys worth as those always turn out to be the most expensive nights.
Also, you'll be expected to tip the song girl, the hostesses if you're not taking them home (which is pretty common in KTVs, most will not go the first time they meet you), the Mamasan, and anybody else who sneaks into your room when the bill and tips are due. But if you do it right, you can have a lot of fun.

the cute girl i was sat with kept wanting to drink finish with me trying to get me drunk, when we hit the 3rd tower i warned her that she will be on her arse long before me
she ended up getting pretty drunk, then it got awkward when her boyfriend turned up (she must have been ignoring her phone) :facepalm: and she had to try and act sober (it was only 8pm lol) :lol:
Lolz. Bloody hilarious when they do that at 6pm but they're trying to sell as much beer as possible. Like you can go home whenever but she most likely will have to be there till well past midnight drunk as. Although some can drink like a fish if they've been at it for years!
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

cptrelentless wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:56 pm That Gary dude is now at Above Us Only Sky if you miss the food
yeah already noticed him down there the other week when i popped down for a few
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Raybull wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:38 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:49 pm

Lolz. Bloody hilarious when they do that at 6pm but they're trying to sell as much beer as possible. Like you can go home whenever but she most likely will have to be there till well past midnight drunk as. Although some can drink like a fish if they've been at it for years!
me and my mates did it at that beer garden near me a few months ago, drank 4 towers and a couple of jugs and got the birds destroyed then fucked off at 9pm, the girls had to carry on working until 1am, i think mine had to go home lol :lol:

haha true, although that seasoned vet of a girl down the chicken farm pretty much passed out after the first box in that KTV last week lol i was disappointed, she let herself down, the cute girl i was with ended up putting a few away though tbh, from what i remember yours went pretty hypo after a couple of drinks lmfao :lol: memories still abit blurry from the towers of ABC we were drinking in the next ktv lol
Raybull
Expatriate

Post by Raybull »

God knows why they keep having crappy beer promos! But Nico, which is apparently my new nickname, right JL Khemarak :D ,will be at LV on friday, it's sure to get the girls out, so...
Iphone 6s up for grabs... :roll:
Buy 6 bottles of Tuborg will get 1 lucky draw
Buy 12 bottles of Tuborg will get 3 lucky draws
Buy 24 bottles of Tuborg will get 8 lucky draws
សូមរួសរាន់កក់តុ ឬ សាឡុង ពីព្រោះកន្លែងមានកំណត់ ទំនាក់ទំនង 010247777,​010246222,016607605.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic