Reports on Hops Brewery craft beer place?

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: Reports on Hops Brewery craft beer place?

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Bertros wrote:in general I agree the prices were high, maybe not so much for a microbrewery back home, but for PP no doubt (just lucky I liked the cheapest beer!). I really thought the food prices and sorts was a wee bit high and strange. seriously, how may folks are going to shell out $17 for pork knuckles and sauerkraut? YUCK! :shock:
It defo was no dive pub or such, totally fitted out for the yuppie type (do they have those in PP?) wonder if the business plan will work out, they have defo put lots of cash into it.

cheers

Bertros :hattip:
id rather sit in hostess bar tbh...

actually, i should probably of said 'usually' :beer2:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Bertros wrote:in general I agree the prices were high, maybe not so much for a microbrewery back home, but for PP no doubt (just lucky I liked the cheapest beer!). I really thought the food prices and sorts was a wee bit high and strange. seriously, how may folks are going to shell out $17 for pork knuckles and sauerkraut? YUCK! :shock:
It defo was no dive pub or such, totally fitted out for the yuppie type (do they have those in PP?) wonder if the business plan will work out, they have defo put lots of cash into it.

cheers

I always just sit in hostess bars tbh...
FTFY
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

kiwiincambodia wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:

cheers

I always just sit in hostess bars tbh...
FTFY
:beer3:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:looks cold and atmosphere-less, not really the kind of place i could see myself enjoying a sociable beer
being norvun i prefer dive pubs not gastro hipster bollocks, this looks more like a fucking dairy farm than a boozer
Ha! Jamie, you've got that right. Dairy farms I know.

But those prices. Oiee! OK, some of the craft beer prices are lower than Bangkok prices, which are grossly inflated anyway. But french fries for $3.75/130 baht? WTF? Pork knuckle (better be imported from NZ or whatever) for $17? 590 baht? WTF? I just had pork knuckle at W District in Bangkok. Think was 240 baht and really really good.

Anyway, Bertros, thanks for the report and photos.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic