South African, Jacobus Dawie Botha, arrested with Cocaine on arrival at Phnom Penh International Airport.

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: South African arrested with drugs on arrival at PPIA.

Post by frank lee bent »

local elite i would guess
Edwardo
Tourist

Post by Edwardo »

rozzieoz wrote:People get so desperate :(
I do have sympathy and empathy for people living desperate lives in dire poverty due to no fault of their own. It's a harsh world and I don't know what I would do in their circumstances. But most poor people living in very harsh situations don't resort to drug smuggling and lives of criminal behavior.

Is it such desperation in this case, or just greed, stupidity and recklessness?
boozyoldman
Expatriate
Western Sahara

Re: South African, Jacobus Dawie Botha, arrested with Cocaine on arrival at Phnom Penh International Airport.

Post by boozyoldman »

The South African fellow was carrying a lot less than he could have ...

DO NOT WATCH THIS IF YOU ARE SQUEAMISH OR VOMIT EASILY

http://efukt.com/20723_Drug_Mule_In_Training.html
Edwardo
Tourist

Post by Edwardo »

Last edited by Edwardo on Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

Sailorman wrote:Legalize it and tax the hell out of it, but the corrupt America DEA won't allow that to happen. You legalize it and Uncle Sugar will cut off the aid gravy train.

I'm just reading "Grass" by Phil Sparrowhawk, a good follow up book to Howard Mark's "Mr Nice." Found it at Mick & Craigs in SKV. (they had other copies.)
this will be the only thing i will agree with you on

u redneck freak
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

Edwardo wrote:
I do have sympathy and empathy for people living desperate lives in dire poverty due to no fault of their own. It's a harsh world and I don't know what I would do in their circumstances. But most poor people living in very harsh situations don't resort to drug smuggling and lives of criminal behavior.

Is it such desperation in this case, or just greed, stupidity and recklessness?
sa cock socket
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
Retardedwaitress
Expatriate

Post by Retardedwaitress »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Usually from or going tobor from crappy countrys like UAE or Brazil or thailand of south africa.

All thee place have one thing in common.
Shitholes.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: South African, Jacobus Dawie Botha, arrested with Cocaine on arrival at Phnom Penh International Airport.

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

trafficking drugs this way is risky business if one of the bags burst
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

Sinboy: Thank you, you lowlife liberal bottom feeder.

Weed is legal in both US states I have called home. Alaska/Washington State. Alaska is just starting out, but its working quite well in Washington State. (according to my friends who live in both states.)

Legalization takes the corrupt American judicial system out of the picture. Which would you rather do, pay some tax and have it legal, or have it illegal, pay a lower price , but run the risk of being busted by trigger-happy cops, thrown in jail with real criminals/sodomizers, and have to pay an attorney tens of thousands of dollars. Not much of a choice is it? This is you ass*le before being thrown in jail for some drugs. * This is your as*hole after meeting BuBa in your jail cell for some "loving." O
boozyoldman
Expatriate
Western Sahara

Post by boozyoldman »

FROM
THE PHNOM PENH POST 29 September ...

... the suspect [is] being held at the Anti-Drug Department for further questioning before being sent to the municipal court.

However, before the man can face a hearing, Song said officers will have to wait for him to pass the entire load.

“We have let him eat so that the drugs come out, one by one. We have medicine to make him deliver them,” he said, adding that in the first two days, 36 of the 100 that the man claimed to have swallowed had been retrieved. “We don’t know the total weight of the cocaine. When we collect it all, we will form a committee to cut it and measure it,” he said.

As with the bust earlier this month, Deputy National Police Commissioner Mok Chito said the drugs were likely destined for Thailand.

“Normally, they come in and take it by land to Thailand. They may think that it will be easier by land,” Chito said. “If he had gotten off the plane in Thailand, he would have been arrested, the same as here, because we inform each other and have skilled technical teams.”

Reached yesterday, Meas Virith, director of the National Authority for Combating Drugs, said the large hauls were the work of organised cartels.

He added the “focus” was on the notorious Mexican Sinaloa cartel, whose former leader Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman was captured in January and is awaiting extradition to the US.

“These groups transport drugs to Europe through ships, and they transport to Asia via plane, from Brazil,” Virith said.

“We are wondering why the airport in Brazil lets them leave from there. But after that, when they arrive in the United Arab Emirates, they change agents again. It’s an organised group, meaning they have agents everywhere, not only in Cambodia, but in all countries.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sadly, the authorities are NOT reading CEO and have not provided the mule with heaped helpings of chicken vindaloo, Guinness, strong coffee and large joints of good marijuana to obtain results painlessly and quickly
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic