Smuggling drugs across the Thai border is easy, says ex-trafficker.

Our neighbors to the West... many of us have a love for Thailand and it's certainly got plenty to talk about, so lets talk about it here so that it doesn't overwhelm our regular Cambodia sections.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate

Smuggling drugs across the Thai border is easy, says ex-trafficker.

Postby CEOCambodiaNews » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:05 pm

Abdullah, who was released from prison in 2014 and is now 47, said: “One time I had among the vegetables and fruits I was bringing from Thailand a durian containing about one kilogramme of heroin.

“It had a street value of nearly one million ringgit.”

Abdullah, like many other smugglers, hid drugs in vegetables like bitter gourd and pumpkin and fruits such as durian, pineapple and coconut.

These were finely cut open and the contents taken out and replaced with drugs and other forbidden items like components of guns, he said. They were then carefully glued together again.

[He was finally caught, but not at the border. He was given up by one of his customers who was arrested for possession of drugs.]
http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/2316 ... ug-dealer/
Cambodia Expats Online helping you stay connected to news and current events in Cambodia and surrounding areas.
phuketrichard
Expatriate

Re: Smuggling drugs across the Thai border is easy, says ex-trafficker.

Postby phuketrichard » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:14 pm

yea, so what??
no reason to hide them; have crossed with my car a dozen times, never had my trunk opened or anyone looked inside
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
markd
Expatriate

Postby markd » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:16 pm

the risk of getting caught still exists & time in a thai monkey house is going to be a pain in the arse :friends:
thru shit to more shit
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy

Postby Jamie_Lambo » Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:07 am

yeah in the hundreds of times ive crossed the border theyve only checked my bag once (the very first time) i always think to myself i wish i had picked up a few Kg to bring over
Ter Mtes Aii Na Del Min Chas Hel
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :fuckyou:
btothefman
Tourist

Postby btothefman » Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:23 am

A few kilos of lollies would go down well with the girls but I'd stop at that, how would you cost the risk of spending your years in a SE Asian prison? Unless really really desperate I don't understand how people take the risk.
Retardedwaitress
Expatriate

Postby Retardedwaitress » Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:05 am

markd wrote:the risk of getting caught still exists & time in a thai monkey house is going to be a pain in the arse :friends:
Sure thai monkey house is a lovely experience you get free food and accomadation .
phuketrichard
Expatriate

Postby phuketrichard » Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:06 am

buying drugs is easy
smuggling drugs is easy
selling drugs in large amounts ( knowing who to sell to without getting ripped off or busted) thats the hard part
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST