15 years later (tomorrow for NY)

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Luigi
Expatriate

15 years later (tomorrow for NY)

Post by Luigi »

And it still stinks of The House of Bush & House of Saud.
I'm still enraged, mournful.
Prolly will be for a very long time.
:cry: :cry:
mammothboy2
Expatriate

Re: 15 years later (tomorrow for NY)

Post by mammothboy2 »

So long ago, now ...

A decade-and-a-half ... Oh, how time flies!

Switching on the TV to catch the news ...

... thought I had the wrong channel "After the terrorist attack in New York and the collapse of both
of the Twin Towers ..."

Banging on a neighbour's door: "Yes, I just got an e-mail. Is it on TV? I'm coming now!..." she yelled

We settled down to drink home-brew cider watch and hear the tale unfold.

She said "We can be sure the fucking stupid yankees will go and invade somewhere now. All shit will break
loose."

"Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world," was the reply.

Luckily, some Pakistani hashish (purchased in Dubai at an exorbitant price) was at hand and that grim
and joyless day became quite cosy and pleasant.

Within days, bulldozers were brought on immense trailers to repair and enlarge the crude airstrips a
few miles away.

The Omani government kept as silent as the grave while vast Starlifters and Galaxies flew in to
Seeb Airport, their tall tailplanes towering over the perimeter fences ...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic